Full-Time Finance Manager
is on a mission to provide Africans with limitless access to global investment opportunities. They are seeking to change the narrative about investment in Africa while making it easier for Africans to travel, explore, trade, and invest in other parts of the world.
In basic terms, Chaka is building a platform that allows Africans to Invest in global capital markets alongside Nigerian markets and also provides access to foreigners who want to invest in the Nigerian capital market. They are simply a conduit for global investments.
Chaka provides access to over 4000 assets listed on the US stock exchange as well as blue-chip companies in over 40 countries across the world.
They boast of a user base of over 5000 active users at the beginning of the year, have processed nearly $200,000 in trade volume since it started last year.
About the role
Chaka is looking to hire a finance manager that will review their day-to-day financial activities and make recommendations to the management. You will be the key driver of credit control management by devising and implementing procedures to ensure timely payments while maintaining customer retention. You will be in charge of creating a sustainable finance and treasury structure to meet world standards.
What do you need to be considered successful?
As Finance Manager, you play a major role in ensuring the financial health of the organization, You will be responsible for financial budgeting and planning. You’ll also be primarily responsible for the following:
- You will drive the financial and operational excellence of the team and will have full ownership of Financial & Management Accounts, forecasting and planning and all internal and external reporting.
- You will oversee, run and manage a high performing, sustainable, financial controlling, treasury, regulatory reporting & financial planning and analysis.
- Manage cash-flow and the cost-base to support growth within budget
- Manage the reconciliation and overview for our client/custodied assets across banking, brokerage and foreign exchange.
- Oversee & ensure the production of periodic as well as year-end consolidated accounts & financial statements.
- Provide Periodic Reports to management staff while recommending possible courses of action to maintain the financial health of the organization.
How Important Are you to the bottomline?
You’re the guardian of the financial health of the organization, continuously on the search for opportunities to optimize the financial health of the organization and put Chaka in the best position to provide investment opportunities for and in Africa.
The Biggest problem solving duties on the job
You would have the awesome challenge of driving objectives that ensure the growth of Chaka in both Short and Long terms. You will have the exciting opportunity of enacting policies that secure and protects their financial interests over time.
What Do You need to Have done in your career?
- You are an accomplished Finance professional with at least 5 years of experience in Finance, preferably within either the Financial services sector, Financial technology sector or within a consumer technology scale-up environment.
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACCA and/or CIMA, Big 4 experience preferred).
- Strong business partner, who is able to influence and lead cross collaboratively across the business.
- Experience with compliance with local and international financial regulation (For example, SEC, NSE, US SEC, UK FCA, etc.)
- Your leadership style is empathetic, approachable and candid and you are able to build strong relationships with other senior stakeholders.
- Ability to build consensus to drive action among fellow teammates.
- High initiative, high proactivity and high productivity mindset.
- Get Things Done (GTD) DNA.
- You are excited about what we’re doing at Chaka!
What do you stand to gain
- Drive the growth of investment opportunities for Nigerians.
- Competitive remuneration
7 total views, 2 today