Part-Time FINANCE OFFICER
MAG’s Vision: A safe and secure future for men, women and children affected by armed violence and conflict.
MAG’s Mission: MAG saves lives and builds futures by working with others to reclaim land contaminated with the debris of conflict, to reduce the daily risk of death or injury for civilians, and to create safe and secure conditions for development.
Overview of role:
The Finance Officer is responsible for assisting the Finance Coordinator with all financial matters related to the MAG Nigeria programme.
· Prepare monthly HQ Funds transfer request for processing after FC’s review.
· Prepare monthly payroll and ensure timely and accurate payment of salaries and payroll remittances, as well as subsequent filling of returns are met (NHF, NSITF, PAYE, Pension).
· Ensure that other monthly and yearly statutory requirements are met- SCUML, WHT, VAT, Annual submissions (PIT, Annual return, ECS certificate, TCCs e.t.c.).
· Preparation and posting of monthly cash & bank, prepayments, payroll, journal and allocation cashbooks into MAG accounting software PSF after FC’s review and FM’s authorisation.
· Ensure the production of accurate monthly cash, bank and balance sheet reconciliation reports for review by the FC.
· Cash/safe management. Ensure minimum balance is maintained, and that weekly and monthly cash counts are performed.
· Prepare monthly BvA reports for ongoing projects for FC’s review. Assist in the ongoing monitoring of budgets and project spends.
· Review partner financial reports and liquidate expenditures on a timely basis.
· Timely and accurate payment processing while ensuring that all financial and procurement policies and procedures are adhered to.
· Ensure expenditure approvals are in accordance with budget authorities. Update of Budget Authority document whenever there are changes in the authorisation and responsibilities.
· Liaise with the bank to streamline related activities.
· Facilitate and provide support to all donor and internal audits in co-ordination with the FC. This will include, audit preparation, collation of documentation and provide clarity when required.
· Ensure proper filing of finance support documentation and month- end reports/documents, scan and save final versions on the server/teams.
· Share finalized monthly allocation percentages with MAG staff and ensure that time sheets for all staff are completed with appropriate percentages.
· Assist with the preparation of budgets, reports, forecasts and other financial reports as directed.
· Ensure that the cashbook is updated on a regular basis and shared for the FCs review on a weekly basis.
· Ensure that accurate and complete accounting and relevant records are maintained.
· Provide training to non-finance staff on key finance procedural areas.
· Line manage and support the Finance Assistant.
· Any other task as required by the Finance Department.
Essential requirements: **
· At least five (5) years of cognate professional work experience in a finance role (NGO or other international agency experience is an added advantage).
· Experience of reporting and monitoring to tight deadlines.
· Proven ability to lead and manage a staff.
· Able to work with minimal supervision.
· Excellent organisation and prioritization skills and the ability to work calmly under pressure.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Commitment to high quality delivery of tasks, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic approach to work.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as MS Excel, Word, Power point, Teams etc
· Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills.
· Previous Auditing or related experience is an added advantage.
· Interest in and commitment to MAG’s humanitarian mandate.
· First Degree in Accounting or related field.
· A recognised professional accounting qualification e.g., ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent is an added advantage.
3 total views, 1 today