Full-Time Finance Officer – Maternity Leave Cover (M / F / D) at Malteser International
Malteser International has been working in Nigeria since 2017. In Northeast Nigeria and more specifically in Borno State, MI is currently active in the WASH sector for improving the lives of both the IDP population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. They include NFI distribution, solarization of boreholes, rehabilitation of hand pumps, construction of latrines and hygiene promotion. Malteser International thereby applies a participatory, gender sensitive and inclusive approach
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance Officer – Maternity Leave Cover (M / F / D) – National position
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- In support of our work in Maiduguri, Nigeria, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Finance Officer – Maternity Leave Cover (m/f/d) – National Position
- The Finance Officer is responsible for the finance related tasks of the Malteser Program in Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria. Within the responsibilities, the Finance Officer will need to ensure compliance with Malteser International’s and donor administrative, financial, safety and security and logistic procedures in the work.
- Keep and maintain the cash boxes and complying the rules and regulations of Malteser International and its donors
- Assist in booking all expenditures into the Malteser International finance booking system
- Support the Finance Officer in reviving and drafting all required finance supporting documents
- Provide all required information and documents for the financial report (Finance Officer provides the reports)
- Coordinate well on a daily base with administration (logistics and finance) and other program staff
- Report to the supervisor all difficulties and relevant information, as well as all relevant issues concerning safety, security, and success of the program in a timely manner
- Participate in office work with colleagues as a good team player
- Be an active role model towards the target population, by adhering to a healthy personal behavior and lifestyle
- Maintain a non-judgmental and supportive attitude towards colleagues and beneficiaries regardless of their background, political affiliation or religion.
- Take responsibility in representing Malteser International towards the local population, authorities and other (I)NGOs
- Adhere and respect Malteser International guidelines and codes.
- A minimum qualification of a first Degree in Financial Accounting, Business Administration/Management, and relevant work experience / field of studies
- A minimum of 3 – 4 years experience in finance or related areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English language proficiency (written and oral)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook (or similar software).
- Start Date: September 2021
- Duty Station: Maiduguri, Nigeria
- Duration of contract: 4 months (maternity leave cover)
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package
- Kindly note that this a national position.
- If you are interested in this position, please apply online at our job portal.
- Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation and 3 references)
- Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin.
75 total views, 1 today