Full-Time General Manager, Treasury
Our Client, a leader in the Airlines/Aviation Industry is seeking to fill the position of General Manager, Treasury.
The General Manager, Treasury will manage the Treasury department with responsibilities for cash and treasury operations, short-term borrowing, and investments, as well as payments. The successful candidate will monitor compliance with the Treasury department’s goals, assess the products, services, technologies, and systems that are available and appropriate for the department and oversee all aspects of the company’s financial risk exposures including interest rate risk and foreign currency risk.
- Analyses and recommends potential alternative financing structures.
- Assesses foreign exchange risk, develops, and implements hedge programs and strategies.
- Develops and Manages banking and investment relationships.
- Develops and oversees implementation of cash management initiatives.
- Develops financial forecasts and monitors financial health, monitoring guardrails around financial commitments.
- Establishes short-term borrowing needs and recommends short-term investing initiatives.
- Initiates and oversees execution of all capital and money market transactions.
- Manages capital structure, debt management, bond issuance and/or share repurchases to ensure the most efficient use of the company’s capacity and borrowed monies.
- Manages corporate card, debits, merchant credit card.
- Manages financial risk as it relates to treasury operations.
- Manages international credit lines, letters of credit and corporate guarantees.
- Manages short and long-term funding needs.
- Provides detailed consolidated cash flow projections.
- Reviews and stewards monthly interest expense and accruals.
- Performs treasury cash account reconciliations.
- Monitors cash balances.
- Performs monthly reimbursements.
- Works with operations to ensure prompt billing and receipt of payments by clients.
Education/ Professional Qualification:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or other related field.
- A Post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Must be a Member/Fellow of a recognized Accounting professional body: ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Treasury Management, with 7 years at Management/Leadership levels.
- Industry or previous work experience in the aviation environment will be an added advantage.
- Extensive experience in preparing cash forecasts, cash flow analysis and building financial models.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g., Oracle, SAP).
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
- Liquidity & Cash Management.
- Risk Management & Policy Compliance.
- Funding & Investment Management.
- Forex, Commodity & Interest Rate Exposure Management.
- Treasury Operations and Accounting.
- Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy, banking and financial instruments.
- Negotiation skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Relationship Management skills.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Excellent collaboration.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
3 total views, 1 today