Internship Graduate Health Intern Recruitment at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Health Intern
Job Location: Abuja
Support programme delivery while maximizing opportunities for learning and upskilling.
Dimensions of Role
- To provide the incumbent with on-the-job training in program management, research and data gathering skills; communication and people skills, and work ethics.
- Enhance the educational experience of the incumbent through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in Plan Nigeria’s development projects
- Provide incumbent with an exposure to the working environment of a multilateral organization and a better understanding of Plan Nigeria’s goals and activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of health Program, the intern depending on competencies and interest is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Support all Country program leads especially health programs in delivery of their tasks.
- Conduct research/literature review in thematic priority areas and assist in drafting written reports/proposal contents for internal and external use based on guidelines determined jointly by the supervisor and the intern.
- Facilitate communication amongst our project partners.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
- Ability to learn and apply practical problem-solving skills as needed
- Support the program unit in the preparation and implementation of seminars, conferences and meetings where applicable.
- Take minutes of meetings and assist in the elaboration of papers, power point presentations and analytical contributions, as well as other products and tools that will facilitate the project´s work.
- Other tasks/duties as required.
Learning opportunities for the intern:
- General understanding of the work and mission of Plan International Nigeria program; the role of stakeholders and partners at state and local level and of internship’s contribution to development effectiveness;
- Insight and hands-on experience in Plan International Nigeria’s role in facilitating and promoting the project;
- Insight and hands-on experience in organizing and running complex projects; and
- Becoming more familiar with working in an International Organization and in a multicultural environment.
- Upon the successful conclusion of the assignment, Plan International Nigeria will provide a certificate for the intern that fulfil their commitments with integrity, professionalism and respect for diversity.
At the end of the internship, the following outputs will be expected:
- Tasks developed in a professional and efficient way, focusing on end-results and delivering high quality products.
- Assume any other responsibility as assigned by the Program Manager.
Administration and Finance:
- Support the Program Manager to ensure that all finance policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Participate in budget preparation and in ensuring spends and forecast are in line with plans.
- Ensure to use procedures and relevant protocols of Plan International Nigeria that are necessary in carrying out the project activities.
- Support the timely and appropriate use of all procurement and logistics infrastructure for the effective implementation of project activities.
Learning and Knowledge Management:
- Actively participate in learning opportunities within the organization under guidance and support from supervisor.
- Support resource mobilization efforts through contribution to literature research and budget preparation for proposal writing and related engagement.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Report to the Head of Social Development Programs;
- Work amicably with other members of Plan International Nigeria team
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives
Qualifications and Experience:
- Not more than 2 years post NYSC
- Completed undergraduate degree in Development-related fields such as public health, anthropology, sociology or public administration. Other fields of study may be considered depending on the type of assignment;
- Proven strong academic track record.
- Knowledge and understanding of private and public health sector issues.
- Demonstrated interest in the field of development and the work of international organisations.
- Language skills; written and spoken proficiency in English and preferably a command of the local language.
- Internet proficiency as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required. Experience with the development of statistics, charts in Excel and Web 2.0 tools (especially social networking) an asset.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Basic financial and administrative skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively in an appropriate manner to the audience
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Passion for learning and development.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Team player
- Travel to Programme activities to provide support where necessary
- Provides good and adequate administrative support
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
Level of contact with children:
- Low contact – the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have very infrequent contact with children. Despite this, it is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Note: Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
View & Apply
23 total views, 2 today