Full-Time Graduate M & E Intern Recruitment at Helen Keller International
Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: M & E Intern
Job Location: Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Internship
Project: Sustaining Integrated MDA for NTDs Control and Elimination in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
Technical Supervisor(s): State Team Lead
Contract Period: Up-Until December 31, 2021
Objective: To support the Project’s M&E system in the State office
Summary of Key Expectations
- The key expectations of the M&E Intern’s position are to support the M&E Associate in ensuring that Helen Keller Nigeria’s M&E system within the state is well-positioned to provide continuous technical guidance, capacity building, M&E systems strengthening to Helen Keller supported activities.
The M & E Intern will be responsible in:
- Support the project in monitoring and supervision of project activities in all endemic LGAs using WHO guidelines.
- Provide supportive data validation and collection in all endemic LGAs
- Support the M&E Associate in data entry, cleaning and reporting.
- The M&E intern will support the unit in ensuring high data quality to meet donor expectations and global best practices in alignment with state/national NTDs elimination and control goal.
- Support proper documentation and safeguarding of NTDs data as required by the project.
- Support the NTDs Project in exploring the opportunities to improve data collection process using national tools
- Any other Duties assigned by the supervisors
- Minimum of 1 year hands-on monitoring & evaluation position experience
- Extensive experience in cascaded training, monitoring and reporting of mass campaigns in Nigeria
- Good analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team-building skills
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Excellent organizational skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive resume with a cover letter as One MS Word document to: using the position title as the subject of the email.
Note: There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
30 total views, 1 today