Part-Time Grants Coordinator – Humanitarian
Company description Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a…
Job Ad & Profile Description
Position : Grants Coordinator – Humanitarian
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Deadline for application submission: 30th December, 2021.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical assistance and support on assigned project/portfolios throughout the grant management cycle from acquisition, startups, implementation to closeout. Support the grants and compliance unit of Plan International Nigeria with the administration and management of activities associated with successful performance of designated grants and funding agreements.
Grant Administration and Management of Assigned Portfolios:
- Support the country’s Business Development activities.
- Support the Grants and Compliance Manager in coordinating and monitoring the implementation of donor funded projects and programs.
- Work with project teams to develop donor reports (interim and final) and other award deliverables, and reviewing them to ensure they are of high quality, coherent, accurate and are submitted on time in accordance with donor and Plan International internal requirements.
- Support the development of annual compliance monitoring plan and evaluation tool to evaluate project implementations at various office locations and implementation sites to determine compliance and provide recommendations.
- Support with the development and implementation of compliance framework for the unit including compliance checklist for various standard operations, transactions and business processes in line with donor requirements.
- Periodic review and update of the compliance monitoring checklist and other tools to stay in line with current best practices and PIN procedures and policies.
- Provide technical guidance and proper interpretation of donor rules and regulations to project teams to ensure compliance.
- Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as monthly financial reports, procurement plans, and activity plans amongst project teams to ensure accurate tracking of implementation and timely alerts to potential challenges.
- Manage and support project agreement and amendment reviews and negotiations
- Work with the country programs to support realignments and award modification processes; supporting award close out, as needed.
- Support in training project teams, partner and country program teams on donor compliance, report writing, project and budget monitoring, record keeping, and grants management.
- Support the Resource Mobilization team in resource mobilization activities; making inputs to non-technical documents, reviewing budget and consolidating inputs.
- Support the Partnership team with partnership management activities; partner identification and engagement, partner assessment, partner monitoring and training.
- Support the audit team in the coordination of external audit exercises, coordinating the communications and ensuring all relevant teams/unit are aware, prepared and available for audits.
- Support the preparation and dissemination of the country master budget in a timely manner.
- Draft Funding Approval Document (FAD) and for reviews and approval.
- Ensure timely setup of grant portfolios on SAP system and corresponding modifications are effected.
- Document and share key compliance issue with Plan International staff and partner setting ground for compliance management.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Grants and Compliance Manager.
Internal and External Reporting
- Liaise with NOs and donors on grant management related communication, including donor opportunities, responding to donor queries and request for visits.
- Ensure Donor reports (financial and narrative) are consistent, accurate of high quality and submitted timely per donor requirement and formats.
- Liaise with donors and National offices on grants management issues for active projects, completed projects and pipeline project.
Donor Compliance and Audit
- Works with finance team and program staff to ensure that key processes and systems are in place to manage grant risk, donor financial compliance, and reporting management processes.
- Ensures that grants are implemented in compliance with plan International guidelines and relevant donor regulations.
- Ensure compliance to relevant internal policies such as reporting framework, donor rules and regulations, update the donor mapping tool with latest donor rules and regulations
- Work closely with Grant and Compliance Manager to identify and close key risks linked to donor funded projects
- Conduct routine compliance reviews of grant programs
- Liaise with other unit members during project audit to ensure that relevant information is transmitted to the auditors in a timely manner.
- Ensure properly coordinated audit exercise that would result non-disallowances.
- Perform any other tasks as required by the supervisor.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by Grants and Compliance Manager.
Required profile for job ad : Grants Coordinator – Humanitarian
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Development Studies, Business Studies, or Social Science (Master’s degree or equivalent in international affairs, development or related subject will be an added advantage).
- At least five years of experience working in project and/or grants management and proposal/business development/design.
- Experience in developing and interpreting donor budgets.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community.
- Proven ability to develop and write grant proposals and concepts and track record in winning proposals.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills with close attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in unstable security environments.
- Experience in using SAP software for grants management
Technical Expertise, Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent proven skills in developing, writing grant proposals
- Good research, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Effective working with and through partners
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong strategic thinking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- High proficiency in MS office tools (with excellent Microsoft Excel skills).
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Job criteria for job ad : Grants Coordinator – Humanitarian Job category :
R&D, project management
Social, public and human services
Employment type :
Permanent contract – Fixed-term contract
3 total views, 1 today