Contract Head, Administration And It Services Department At The Organization Of The Petroleum Exporting Countries (opec)
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Administration and IT Services Department
Job Code: 10.1.01
- Within the Support Services Division, the Administration and IT Services Department coordinates all matters pertaining to administering and providing services to the Secretariat including managing the building and its offices; and to handle office services, conference services, travel, documents and visa; communication and logistics; office supplies and documentation; security; safety and parking; and to furnish IT infrastructure facilities and support.
Objective of Position
- The Head plans, organizes, coordinates manage and evaluate the work of the Administration and IT Services Department in accordance with the approved medium term and annual work programmes and budget of the Department so as to optimize its support to the Secretariat in achieving its overall objectives.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, manages and evaluates the work in the Administration & IT Services Department by providing services to the Secretariat relating to:
- The building, offices and the residence
- Procurement, office supplies and printing services
- Travel, hotel, visa arrangements, removal of personal effects, legitimation cards, license plates;
- Logistics for all meetings and entertainment functions;
- Transportation, inter-office mail delivery and kitchen services;
- Security, safety and parking;
- Computer network facilities: email, internet, printing
- Telecommunication system
- Works closely with 1) Data Services Department, IT Development to ensure that adequate hardware and software are implemented for the smooth functioning of their programs, and 2) Finance & HR Department to liaise the smooth transition of incoming / outgoing staff.
- Ensures full responses to requests by the Conference, Board of Governors and standing committees for studies and special reports relevant to the work program of the Department.
- Arranges presentations at relevant OPEC meetings and international forums representing the Secretariat as required.
- Ensures that the staff of the Department receive the supervision and guidance necessary to broaden and deepen their skills and continuously improve their performance.
- Prepares the annual budget for the Department
- Carries out any other tasks assigned to him / her by the Director, Support Services Division.
- Develops and maintains networks with external experts and institutions in fields relating to the work of the Department.
- Keeps the Director, Support Services Division fully informed on all aspects of the work of the Department, and draws his / her attention to important analyses performed by it.
- Evaluates the performance of the staff of the Department, and recommends to the Director, Support Services Division of staff development, salary increase, promotion and separations as appropriate.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- Advanced University degree in Business Administration or equivalent subject
- PhD preferred
- University degree: 12 years with a minimum of 4 years in a managerial position, preferably at large national, regional, or international institutions
- PhD: 10 years
- Office Administration
- Computer Facility Scheduling and Operations
- Professional Management & Leadership
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Decision making skills
- Strategic orientation
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Negotiation skills
- Initiative and integrity
Status and Benefits
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade B reporting to the Director, Support Services Division. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Deadline: 2nd May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a “Resume and an Application Form” which can be received from their (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here (Ms Word) to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the Application Form and Resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers,
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
View & Apply
11 total views, 1 today