Full-Time Head HSE Operations
Head, HSE Operations Eastern Asset
Effective HSE management delivery for assigned asset facilities, projects and operations. Act as the
technical expert for all HSE Management systems and continuous improvement of HSE performance
in the asset.
1. Drive and coordinate delivery of quality HSE guidance expert advice and services in fulfillment of
the Asset plan
2. Lead accountability for the sustained implementation of the HSE-MS and HSE cases in Seplat
3. Draw from subject matter expertise of the various Disciplines in the Corporate teams to fulfil the
demands for HSE services and resource in the asset organisation based on identified
4. Champion identification of HSE issues critical to the assets and operations and drive timely
resolutions through effective agenda setting, seeking for steer and securing approvals through
appropriate Management fora
5. Provide effective interface between Corporate HSE (Advisory and Operational Support) and the
asset team for implementation of key HSE objectives, thrusts and campaigns in the asset
6. Collaborate with HSE Competency Management team on the skills development of asset-based
health, safety and environment discipline staff.
7. Plan and implement HSE competency requirement personnel in Eastern Asset.
8. Cascade best practices in operations and drive consistency and standardisation of HSE practices
in the asset based on corporate guidelines and ensuring specific needs of Projects, Facilities and
Drilling operations are adequately covered.
9. Ensure adherence to Corporate Minimum HSE standards, local and International HSE regulations,
in the assets and operations.
10. Drive and coordinate annual HSE audit and facilities inspections.
- An Engineering or technical science degree.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in a senior HSE-critical position of an E &P Oil and Gas
- NEBOSH Certification in Occupational Health, Safety or Environment. Applied project
experience in a oil/gas construction and operational site environment
- Excellent communication, Report writing and Analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the relevant HSE laws governing oil & gas exploration and production in Nigeria
- Resilient. Able to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to apply a structured approach to identify issues and define solutions.
- Ability to travel frequently and flexibility to work extended hours on short notice.
- Ability to lead a multidisciplinary team
- Competent in activity planning and budgeting.
- Effective relationship management skills
41 total views, 1 today