28 Dec 2020
Full-Time Head of Engineering
The Role is based in Abuja, Nigeria
- Responsible for developing system architecture, and overseeing the implementation of the technical roadmap, including feature deployment, and ensuring the stability of the businesss core platforms.
- Work closely with the product development team to identify and align on prioritized initiatives and ensure timely delivery of the same.
- Ensure excellence in all engineering disciplines inclusive of data processing, quality assurance, application development, analytics, algorithms, and data warehousing.
- Provide technical guidance and direction, as well as hands-on resource and project management, for all software development activities implemented by the Android, iOS, Web, DevOps & QA teams.
- Drive Key Performance Indicators across all areas of the Engineering function to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards.
- Ensure that engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality, and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
- Create and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Provide leadership to departments under control and coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Responsible for developing the appropriate organizational structure, resource plans and culture to support the business objectives and customer deliverables
- Evaluate the technical challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
Skills and Experience requirement:
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development.
- Experience building a high-growth consumer application (experience in the EdTech industry is a plus)
- Ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholder relationships.
- Results orientated with a track record of being able to plan and deliver against agreed timelines.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of how technical decisions may impact business goals.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to manage distributed teams.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience managing AWS Cloud platforms
- Experience managing distributed teams
View & Apply
113 total views, 1 today