Full-Time Head of Internal Control
Our client, a financial institution committed to the empowerment of low-income Nigerians through access to responsive financial services delivered on a sustainable basis is looking to hire for the position of Head, Internal Control.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Design, revise or update appropriate internal control, audit & compliance strategy, and framework for the bank.
- Ensure proper documentation, recording, and tagging of the company’s fixed assets.
- Liaise with external auditors
- Makes financial control-related recommendations on specific major projects or plans.
- Ensure that credit facilities to any customers or group of customers are in line with the regulatory guidelines; clearly defined internal policies and debt service capability.
- Monitoring of conditions subsequent to draw down for timely detection of documentation deficiencies.
- Ensure that all credits have been approved in accordance with the credit policy.
- Ensure that all pre-disbursement conditions have been met.
- Ensure that all collateral documents are properly kept and perfection carried out.
- Review approved credit for quality, performance, and compliance with approved terms & conditions in the credit policy. Ensure all credit is approved in accordance with the credit policy and any regulatory guidelines. prompt escalation of any deficiencies noted
- Carry out spot checks on loan customers to verify due diligence done prior to drawdown
- Identify all nonperforming accounts and pursue workout strategies in collaboration with loan officers
- Handle customer complaints (Fraud, disservice, etc) when the need arises
- Ensure that limits are monitored.
- Ensure that income, fees, maturing repayment & other charges are captured.
- Detection and escalation of unauthorized credit.
- Implementation of policy-driven credit-related sanctions.
- Preparation of exception report as required.
- Custody and maintenance of credit files.
- Ensure that a review of the portfolio is carried out on a quarterly basis
- Ensure that appropriate recommendations are implemented such that the desired level of credit quality and performance is attained and sustained.
- Take necessary measures to ensure adequate quality assurance in operation i.e. call over. General ledger proofing/ reconciliation, integrity test, departmental control, etc.
- Ensure proper verification of expenses before processing and disbursement of funds.
- Track bank deposits and payments through bank reconciliations
- Ensure compliance on report rendition to regulatory bodies.
- Ensure compliance with the bank rules, policies, and regulations.
- Review of the statutory returns to regulatory authorities and government agencies to ensure accuracy and timely rendition.
- Customers’ visitation for random deposit verification.
- Review the accuracy and reliability of financial transaction records – cash deposits, cash withdrawals, treasury bills investments, fixed deposits, and funds transfer.
- Involve in the thorough review of the bank’s accounting software, applications, digital platform, and authorizations or permissions for efficiency.
- Reviewed customers’ account opening documents for compliance with Know Your Customer (“KYC”) policy and anti-money laundering requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s policies and conduct daily, weekly, and monthly General Ledger (GL) reviews for reconciliation.
- Conduct sweep exercise and spot check on tellers and account officers.
- Schedules and plans audits; initiates project planning, assesses risk, and develops audit direction.
- Performs preliminary planning and establishes the direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manages the project to quality outcomes while meeting established time budget.
- Carry out spot checks on operational activities at the branch, area, and regional levels and take action on infractions or non-compliance issues.
- Conduct periodic checks on the payroll.
- Ensure that prompt investigation of frauds, forgeries, breach of policies and procedures and serious customer complaints are conducted and ensure necessary action is taken on the outcome.
- Make recommendations for policy amendments based on emerging issues in audit and internal control.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned by the Managing Director or by the Board.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in related roles
- OND, HND, or BSC in related courses
- Not more than 35 years of age
- Smart, intelligent, organized, and willing to work under pressure
Salary Range: 120,000 to 150,000 naira
Location: Broad Street, Lagos Island, Lagos state
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
63 total views, 1 today