Full-Time Head of Medical Services
JOB OPPORTUNITY – HEAD OF MEDICAL SERVICES
A leading full boarding International School in Lagos requires the services of male and female Resident Medical Officers for immediate employment.
The applicant should have the ability to diagnose and treat medical conditions, disorders, and diseases through the application of specialist medical skills and knowledge. Manage the school clinic and ensure policies and procedures are followed, and standards are maintained.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- MBBS degree from an accredited school and licensed to practice in Nigeria
- Higher degree e.g
. MPH, MHA will be an added advantage * Minimum of Seven-Ten (7-10) years of work experience preferably in a school
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Problem solving and effective decision-making skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment.
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Supervises all clinic staff
- Provides direction on day to day running of the school clinic
- Takes the lead in clinical management of all patients
- In addition to clinical management, plans preventative measures to keep the school free from disease outbreak
- Plans relevant health talk for the school community
- Writes weekly report on the school clinic and submits to the Principal.
- Reports to clinic line manager and liase with him on matters that needs to be escalated.
- Undertake patient consultations and physical examinations
- Conduct regular patient check-ups, diagnose any ailments, monitor and administer medication, assess and plan treatment requirements and write reports and maintain records.
- Promote whole school health education by conducting health talks and refresher training on First Aid/CPR/AED to certified members of staff
- Conduct such special medical examinations on students as may be indicated or required after referrals by the classroom teacher, the school nurse, or the house parent.
- Examine and/or approve annually all students participating in inter-house athletic activities and sea school before participation
- Examine members of staff and new hires as required and provide report on their suitability for employment or continued employment
- Work with the VP (Pastoral) on medical issues and public health information programs and procedures
- Serve as a liaison with student’s private physicians as required
- Assist in the development and implementation of medical practices and procedures in the School
- Coordinate and manage testing of the school water system to ascertain quality and advise the school appropriately
- Refer patients to specialists and consultants after giving first aid treatment.
- Carries out various administrative duties as the HOD
33 total views, 1 today