Full-Time Head Of Operations (microfinance Bank) At Edgewood Consulting Limited
Edgewood Consulting is a Professional Management Consulting, Recruitment and Business Training firm. Our firm provides a wide array of management consultancy services classified into two disciplines Recruitment/HR services, and Training & Development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations (Microfinance Bank)
Location: Okitipupa, Ondo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supervise and coordinate branch operations on daily basis
- Maintain a highly motivated, skilled and well-trained workforce in banking operations
- Ensure that all activities and processes undertaken by operations Unit are in conformity with set standards pertaining to banking policies
- Safeguard customers’ data and protect against fraud.
- Establish and review key operational risk indicators/key control standards and formulate action plans to minimize the Bank’s exposure to fraud and losses.
- Manage the Bank’s operational risk exposure by supporting the Business to identify areas of operational risk exposure and by developing and implementing corrective action.
- Design, develop and keep updated the Banks’ Operations Manual and ensure compliance to all operational guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for re-engineering business processes to improve customer service, cost-effectiveness and controls.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements relating to Banking Operations.
- Ensure that effective documentation is in place, in the form of user guides and implement operational improvements to reduce operational costs, tighten controls to improve service quality and customer service.
- Manage the Banking Operations Department (staff and budget).
- Central Operations – Account Services, Clearings, Payments, Cash Management and Reconciliation
- Card Operations – Account Services, Chargeback & Fraud & Reconciliation of the Bank’s debit card activities
- Trade Finance Operations – Import / Export LC’s, Supply Chain Finance and Invoice Discounting
- Credit Operations – Loan sanction fulfilment, & administration distribution (Retail, Business, Commercial and Corporate and Institutional segments) whilst ensuring the identification and management of underlying operational risks.
Applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND from a recognized institution in any discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Banking/Microfinance institution will be an added advantage
- MCP Certification in microfinance banking will be an added advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of Banking procedures and policy principles at all levels
- Thorough knowledge of Cash Management, Account Services, Clearing and Payment functions
- Extensive knowledge of Treasury Operations and Trade Finance
- Understanding and application of Best Practice in all areas of Operational Banking with ability to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Analytical and practical understanding of workflow, capacity planning / optimisation and process implementation
- Ability to recognise problems and apply Risk Management techniques to address them.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: using “Head of Operations (MFB)” as the subject of the email.
38 total views, 1 today