Full-Time Head of Product, Nigeria
Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in the United States, Nigeria, Kenya, and India, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. In 2019, Branch announced our Series C and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Trinity Capital, Foundation Capital, Visa, and the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where human beings of all backgrounds can thrive.
Branch launched in Nigeria in 2017 and has seen rapid adoption and growth. In 2021, we plan to grow our Product and Engineering team in Nigeria significantly. As part of this team, you will work closely with our global Engineering team (distributed across three continents) to strengthen the capabilities of our existing product and build out new products for Branch. Example projects include: Building new functionality for our Credit, Wallet, and Investment products; improving the reliability of our core payments and banking systems; researching new product ideas and bringing them to market.
As a company, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers, and driven by data. As a product team, we value bottom-up innovation and decentralized decision-making. We believe the best ideas can come from anyone in the company, and we are working hard to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to propose solutions to the challenges we face. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-moving, innovative, and customer-focused setting.
- Manage a team of Product Managers, Product Operation Associates, and Designers within Africa by leading the lifecycle of development for various areas of the Branch product.
- Work closely with our Engineering and Operations Team Leads to ensure high-level product milestones are met.
- Draw insights from user research, experiments, and industry trends to set the product strategy and prioritize projects that sustainably grow our customer base and drive adoption of new products.
- Set ambitious goals for yourself and our team. Manage workflow to ship deliverables on time.
- Work closely with the Engineering, Design, Marketing, and Analytics teams across our global offices to grow our customer base through conversion rate optimization, retention, and re-engagement initiatives.
- You have 8-10 years of experience (5+ in product management or a product-adjacent role) with demonstrated ability to lead technical teams. Prior experience with a high-growth consumer software product or in a growth-focused role is a plus.
- You have demonstrable experience in managing people and/or teams.
- You have proven intuition and skills for designing world-class customer experiences through well-honed user research techniques and mock-ups.
- You have top-notch analytical abilities including some familiarity with SQL. You measure initiatives quantitatively, and you draw actionable insights to guide decisions.
- You are creative and have a track record of testing and launching new ideas.
- You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions. You are a great collaborator and teacher. Effective written communication skills are especially important.
- You are resourceful. You know how to do more with less, and you’ve worked on lean teams that have had a large impact. You are not afraid of big challenges, and you do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Experience in banking products is a strong bonus.
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Fully-paid Premium Plan medical coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Generous child bonding leave policy
- Pension Benefit and Life Insurance
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly team meals and social events (virtual for now!)
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law. We’re looking for more than just qualifications — so if you’re unsure that you meet the criteria, please do not hesitate to apply!
Powered by JazzHR
4 total views, 2 today