Full-Time Head of Retail Banking
FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets.
They started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and are rolling out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
So far they disbursed over 3,000,000 micro-loans and give more than 7,000 loans daily. They are backed by top notch US/EU investors and have raised over USD 15m Venture Capital to support a stellar growth. They are a team of +100 between Paris, Lagos, Bangalore in Engineering (Android, Data, Backend), Product, Marketing, Risk & Data Science and Operations – and they won’t rest before the FairMoney app is in the hand of millions!
Start with the client 📊
We are passionate, optimize for our users, care for our impact
Own, don’t rent 💥
We strive for ownership and don’t rest until what we own is accomplished
Scientist mindset 👩🔬
We solve large challenges, break them into small pieces, make well reasoned conclusions
Churn 9-5 🎯
Work should is something we love and embrace * that we measure in tasks achieved, not hours completed
Fly High – Fly Low 🙌
We fly high to make big and bold plans – strategize
We fly low and put our hands in the dirt to ensure the detailed high quality output of us and those that we manage
We value execution speed and making decisions with 70% of the available data and a 30% margin of error over 100% accuracy and being blocked by over-analysis
Direct Feedback 🤝
We don’t carry frustration with us but give direct feedback to our colleagues regularly to make sure we all improve and get better
Radical Focus 🔎
Our mantra is to start with the question, “What should not be done this week to increase the focus on the things that really matter
The Head of Retail Banking (offline sales) is responsible for managing offline initiatives that help FairMoney achieve its aggressive targets for 2021 / 2022. These offline channels across Nigeria will be critical to scaling the number of loan and active bank account users in Nigeria and reducing NPL.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the Banking and Lending online operations through offline initiatives
- Help achieve our monthly targets through offline initiatives and build out an offline presence that can deliver part of our OKRs
- Measure all offline activities in a traceable manner to determine their ROI
- You will be required to be hands on and travel to multiple locations across the country to understand what works and motivate the teams
- Suggest and manage partnerships with 3rd party agencies and existing agent network rails.
- Hire top performers to lead initiatives across geo-political zones in Nigeria
- Develop concise and actionable data driven reports to the Lending and Banking Executive Sponsors
You are required to have
- At least 5 years of experience in setting up offline sales channels such as agent networks, sales agents, agency banking etc.
- Must have Excel and presentation skills
- Ability to build incentives and bonuses for staff
- Experience in managing people, resolving conflict, training and mentoring employees
- Good communication skills with senior management and executives – ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple manner
- 1st round: Screening Call with Kelechi, Chief of Staff to CEO;
- 2nd round: Test;
- 3rd round: Test review with Sid/Rohan, Executive Sponsors (BU Heads)
- 4th round: Fit Call with Laurin, CEO
107 total views, 2 today