Full-Time Head, Product Engineering and Innovation
We are seeking to hire a well-rounded and experienced HEAD, PRODUCT ENGINEERING AND INNOVATION to join our Team in a full-time position. This Person will be responsible for ensuring that key projects and product engineering duties are carried out, responsible for resolving any engineering Problems that come up relating to Projects or Products, the continuous functionality of existing products and developing future products.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Core Human Values:
- Creative innovation and critical problem-solving skills
- Being open to providing and receiving constructive feedback
- Eagerness to learn and a can-do attitude is necessary
- Innovating new technologies excites you
- Ability to work independently and lead a team
Relevant Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Supervisory/Leadership Role: The Head of Product Engineering and Innovation plays a leadership role in the engineering department where s/he seeks excellence in all engineering disciplines inclusive of Product design, data processing, quality assurance, application development, analytics, machine learning, algorithms, and data warehousing.
- In this position, the Head of Product Engineering and Innovation manages the day-to-day activities of the engineering teams as well as the management and execution of site/software development projects against delivery commitments and project plans. The Head of Engineering is also in charge of the management of the department’s staffing, resources, and mentoring, and maintaining a best-in-class engineering department.
- The Head of Product Engineering and Innovation leads the engineering team in the delivery of platform functionality through a mix of the development software and helps the team in achieving and surpassing departmental goals. He provides technical guidance and direction, as well as hands-on resources and project management, for all site/software development activities.
- S/he takes the lead with a profound understanding of new and relevant technologies for the purpose of realizing efficiency. S/he ensures the optimal application of engineering resources in order to meet product development and consumer requirements and ensures the implementation of agile processes that support site/software development processes.
- The Head of Product Engineering and Innovation plays a leading role in the recruiting activities of the engineering department in order to ensure consistency in departmental efficiency. The Head of Product Engineering and Innovation plays a mentorship role to key engineering personnel, assisting in their duties upon request, and constantly promoting the growth of their professional skills, readying them for the assumption of his duties in his absence or retirement.
- Strategy: The Head of Product Engineering and Innovation also plays a leading engineering role within the department where s/he is tasked with the planning, management, execution and implementation of site/software projects, inclusive of the day-to-day project management, scope management, issue and risk management, as well as regular status reporting.
- In this capacity, the Head of Product Engineering and Innovation develops strategic plans with regard to the technical development of sites/software and establishes the business’s technical vision that guides all aspects of technological development. He also oversees the strategic deployment of the departmental resources leading to optimal resource allocation and the smooth and successful development of sites/software.
- The Head of Product Engineering and Innovation, in this capacity, is responsible for the overall system development life-cycle.
- Collaboration and Support: The role of the Head of Product Engineering and Innovation is also a highly collaborative one. The Head of Product Engineering will work closely with Product and Engineering teams in the management and development of strategic planning. S/he will also work closely with the user experience department in designing, developing, and deploying scalable technologies that will lead to increased consumer satisfaction.
- The Head of Product Engineering and Innovation also works with management in ensuring that systems meet the overall business requirements and standards. The Head of Product Engineering and Innovation will also report on the status of site/software development, operations, quality, and system performance to management leadership.
- Knowledge: The Head of Product Engineering and Innovation stays abreast of leading and cutting-edge technologies and industry best practices. S/he absorbs relevant and suitable technology based on the projected benefits to the engineering development departments.
- The Head of Product Engineering and Innovation performs similar duties as s/he deems necessary for the proper execution of his duties and duties as delegated by the Employer.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The Head of Product Engineering and Innovation should possess a master’s degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable for this position.
- A candidate for this position must also have had at least 5 years of working experience in a senior frontend or backend development position, preferably working as a Full Stack Developer.
- S/he will have had vast experience in software engineering, site/software development and experience working with numerous software-industry business models inclusive of subscription, eCommerce, support and fulfilment.
- S/he will also have a demonstrated experience in the management of a frontend or backend team through cross-functional projects and recording project progress. The candidate will also have a proven track record of consistent project delivery, and designing and developing complex, interactive consumer sites/software.
- S/he will also have had vast experience building consumer and developer-facing products and services as well as the deployment of APIs. A suitable candidate will further have had vast experience in agile development practices and architectural knowledge of web-based and backend technologies.
- Communication Skills: Communication skills both in the written and verbal form are imperative for the Head of Product Engineering and Innovation. S/he will need to have exceptionally good communication skills in his leadership position where the clarity of his communications to junior engineering personnel will determine the success or failure of sites/software within the business.
- Interpersonal Skills: A candidate for this position will also possess certain personal attributes. The candidate will be consumer and result-oriented, be a creative and strategic thinker, work comfortably in a highly collaborative environment, and will work comfortably in a constantly evolving environment.
- S/he must also have a keen eye for detail, have a constant and insatiable trust for knowledge, and have an ability to remain calm and composed in times of uncertainty and stress, inspiring the same in his peers and juniors.
- Leadership/People Skills: The candidate must also demonstrate outstanding leadership skills, having an ability to move a cross-functional group in a unified direction and with a common vision. S/he will also be a likeable and relatable individual who is able to make meaningful and lasting connections with others.
- S/he will also be able to inspire confidence in others, making it easy for them to trust in his insights, directives, and judgments.
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
30 total views, 1 today