To support the Management in sustaining the essential vision of the School through improved educational policies and standards.
- Minimum Qualification: MBA / MSc
- Experience Level: Management level
- Experience Length: 9 years
- To implement the school’s agreed policies.
- To maintain effective discipline through the implementation of the school’s agreed procedures.
- To monitor standards of teaching and learning within departments in order to ensure the highest quality of provision and learning for all pupils.
- To cultivate and develop departmental self-review so as to ensure good progress in standards of teaching and learning.
- To keep up-to-date with educational reform and policy by ensuring awareness of education initiatives and their usefulness.
- To inform and liaise with the Management and where necessary present information regarding new developments to staff and Heads of Departments.
- To attend all staff meetings, Head of Department meetings, Senior Leadership/Management team meetings, and Mock Review meetings.
- To oversee the formulation of school and departmental development plans (reviews and updates).
- To chair Curriculum Development meetings and discuss any proposals resulting from these meetings with the Management and updating the curriculum policy annually.
- To promote the general care of the school by demonstrating awareness of what is needed and responding as necessary.
- To enhance population growth through exceptional education policies and outstanding academic performance as implemented by the Headmistress.
CHILD PROTECTION, DISCIPLINE, HEALTH, AND SAFETY:
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
- To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils and safeguard their health and safety both when they are on the School Premises and when they are engaged in authorized school activities elsewhere.
- To be the Designated Person responsible for matters relating to child protection and welfare in the absence of the Designated Person.
- To prepare agendas for and chairing meetings.
- To support effective communication by forwarding minutes and conclusions of meetings and any other documentation or memos to the relevant staff.
ASSESSMENT, RECORDING, AND REPORTING:
- To be responsible for whole school monitoring and development of assessment, recording, reporting, and target setting, including updating the Assessment Policy.
- To be responsible for baseline-testing and value-added data (collecting, collating, and disseminating).
- To generate ideas for the improvement of the School Management Information System and oversee its use for pupil tracking and reporting.
- To support staff in the implementation of Academic Review Day.
TEACHING AND LEARNING:
- To monitor standards of teaching and learning within departments, and to ensure that schemes of work and department handbooks are updated by the Heads of the Department.
- To plan and implement initiatives for the development of teaching and learning.
- To work with the Head of ICT Strategy to develop the ICT provision.
- To oversee the departmental and school self-review procedures.
- To formally meet HoD’s on a regular basis to monitor standards within departments.
- To implement an ongoing program of observation to ensure high standards of teaching and learning and to promote the sharing of best practice.
- To ensure that the academic needs of individual pupils referred by Form Teachers or Heads of Departments are met and, where necessary, to develop a plan of action for a particular pupil; To review and update the Homework Policy.
TIMETABLE AND STAFFING/ STAFF DEVELOPMENT:
To review the timetable, in order to ensure that it enables the best quality teaching and learning to take place;
To oversee construction of the timetable in liaison with the Timetable Coordinator.
To review academic staff requirements with the Timetable Coordinator and organize all recruitment of academic staff.
To develop and oversee the Induction program for new staff.
To oversee the Induction for new pupils.
LINE MANAGEMENT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To line manage all Heads of Department.
To participate in the appointment of staff to departments and support the Head of Department in the drawing up of their specific job descriptions.
To promote development and training opportunities for all departments.
To take an appropriate part in the school’s appraisal process.
To be considered for this appointment: You will have the following skills and experience:
Minimum experience of 5 years as a school supervisor or a sectional head.
A minimum of 10 years of teaching experience, could be a combination covering the Primary, Junior, and Senior Secondary sections.
Familiarity with the curriculum, along with inspection of schools by external bodies and the latest trends in educational thinking and pedagogy.
Educational expertise and a proven track record of developing and sustaining very high standards within a caring learning environment.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate goals, empower collaboration, motivate staff, provide direction, and set expectations.
You should have demonstrated a successful track record of student achievement and attainment.
Preference will be given if you have a Post Graduate Degree in the mainstream teaching subject/faculty in addition to a Graduate Degree in Education from a recognized university.
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
View & Apply
77 total views, 1 today