Part-Time Hospitality Manager
As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment promotion, energy and the environment, and peace and security. The diverse expertise of our federal enterprise is in demand around the globe – from the German Government, European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector, and governments of other countries. We work with businesses, civil society actors, and research institutions, fostering successful interaction between development policy and other policy fields and areas of activity. Our main commissioning party is the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). As a recognized development service provider, we currently have 556 development workers in action in partner countries.
- Minimum Qualification: High School (S.S.C.E)
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Ensuring the cleanliness of kitchens, kitchen appliances, and utensils in the SEDEC building.
- Ensuring adequate catering for GIZ staff, meetings, and guests in the SEDEC building.
- Keeping the office premises clean and tidy.
- Reports to the State Coordinator
- The Hospitality Manager
- Keeps the kitchen environment sanitized and orderly.
- Handles kitchen appliances with care and keeps them clean.
- Keep kitchen utensils and dishes clean.
- Stores all food and other items properly.
- Checks and refills supplies in all areas, including office supplies and articles in the washrooms and WCs
- Requests for replenishment of utensils, consumables, including beverages, drinking water, supplies, and articles in the washrooms.
- Serves food and drinks to staff and visitors.
- Supports conduct of meetings by setting up and preparing the conference room as instructed.
- Offers services to GIZ staff in the SEDEC building.
- Be aware of and adhere to the health and safety practices of GIZ.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the management.
- Responsible for the opening of the office for the cleaners to clean every morning
Supports office communications and administration:
- Supports office or project logistics, e.g. take letters to the post office or hands them to courier services
- Makes photocopies and scans documents as needed.
- Checks office supplies and restocks office materials, e.g. ensuring that photocopiers are operational by filling with paper, toner cartridges, etc.
- Runs errands e.g. buy lunch on request for office staff if and when required
- Reports damage to office areas and equipment.
- Carries out any other ad hoc task given to him/her by the Head of Unit or his Administrative Officer.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- Secondary school education or higher
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience incomparable position.
Other knowledge, additional competencies:
- Knowledge of English
- Sensitivity in handling and disposing of documents which may be important
- Reliability and good organizational skills, appropriate appearance and clothing
- Good communication skills
- Good team player who is willing to take on responsibility
- Innovative and possessing a positive attitude to change
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details(Please include vacancy no. 022 in mail subject)
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
View & Apply
17 total views, 1 today