Full-Time Hostel Matron
To manage, administer and supervise all aspects, and to make sure of the smooth running of the Girls Boarding Section at Delta Careers College.
- Minimum Qualification: N.C.E
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
- Ensure that student welfare, health and safety is maintained as a priority
- Ensure that the hostel is effectively supervised and that the environment is conducive for students
- Contact parents in matters of urgency or concern regarding the health or safety of their child.
- Act as a suitable role model to students.
- To ensure proper administration of medical drugs to students in the boarding house.
- Ensure that the boarding house supplies are adequate to enable the boarding house to function effectively at all times.
- To ensure that an up to date inventory is maintained of all tools, fixtures and fittings pertaining to the boarding house.
- Design, implement and monitor systems and procedures to guarantee the safety and security of students, boarding property and supplies.
- Develop systems of accountability in the boarding house and follow through on accountability expectations when required.
- Develop, implement and uphold a code of conduct for boarding students.
- To enforce the disciplinary code and keep suitable records of rule breakers and the sanctions administered.
- To ensure a log is kept of significant daily occurrences in the hostel and to monitor this log daily.
- To carry out regular checks of the hostels and ensure that the highest levels of hygiene and order are maintained
- To ensure that counselling and support for the students is in place when required.
- To facilitate medical check-ups of students.
- To organize and timetable suitable activities for boarding students during evenings and weekends, prioritizing academic work at key points in the school year.
- To timetable and supervise Prep times ensuring that prep is effective and attended by students.
- Develop and implement a work programme for the hostels e.g. rotas, entertainment, cleanliness, exits and outings etc.
- To support and enforce a ‘high expectations, no excuses culture’ among the students in your care.
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
23 total views, 1 today