Full-Time Hotel General Manager At Pg Consulting Limited
PG Consulting Limited – Our client is seeking a professional, customer-focused, service-oriented and experienced candidate to take charge and oversee the operation of its hotel in the capacity below:
Job Title: Hotel General Manager
- The Manager will direct and oversee the daily operations of the hotel as well as provide strategic direction.
- He will plan and supervise the activities of the hotel workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of daily, weekly and monthly business.
- The hotel manager is to be involved in all aspects of the hotel operations and will be responsible for dealing with complaints as for strategizing and preparing reports.
- The target goals for the Hotel Manager is to achieve and sustain consistent guest satisfaction, weekly target occupancy rates, excellent service standards and high patronage while maintaining discipline, professionalism and efficiency in the hotel operations, especially with managing hotel personnel.
- To fit into this role, the ideal candidate must have over 7 years’ proven hospitality management work experience, be well-trained, approachable, trustworthy, detailed-oriented, have excellent etiquette and communication skills, set examples of excellent service and must be a natural and effective leader.
- The ultimate goals are to strengthening the hotel’s reputation in order to enhance customer dedication, expand clientele and exceed the target occupancies.
Duties and Responsibilities
In an outline, the duties are, amongst others, to:
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance to the hotel’s SOPs for all departments
- Plan activities, allocate responsibilities, set clear objectives and supervise work at all levels (receptionists, kitchen staff, maids, office employees etc.) to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Plan and present expense budgets for approval and manage approved budget/expenses efficiently for the best outcome
- Develop and implement an ingenuous and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services, attract and widen patronage, especially for the room bookings
- Responsible for achieving target weekly and monthly occupancy and other sales
- Must ensure accurate book-keeping and reporting of all financial transactions – receipts and payments – on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Lead and guide employees to work as a well-functioning team and foster a climate of cooperation.
- Communicate with customers when appropriate, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, and ensure running is not impeded for any reason whatsoever
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages, equipment, renovations etc.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners etc.
- Supervise facility management hands-on and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Ensure adequate reporting to Executive Management on a Weekly and Monthly basis as specified.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business Administration or relevant field.
- Relevant Trainings / Certifications in different areas of the hospitality industry is required
- Postgraduate Degree in a relevant field in the hospitality industry will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 7 years’ proven experience in hotel management or similar role.
- Diverse experience in the different hotel departments and areas in the hospitality industry
- Strong understanding of hotel management best practices
- Proficiency in computer use and strong understanding of data entry, software use – management, accounting, sales, social media navigation, etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Exceptional leadership abilities with great attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of English and effective communication skills
- Experience in restaurant, hotel or the hospitality industry
- Candidate should reside within the Lagos Mainland area
- Qualified Male candidates are strictly preferred.
Application Closing Date
30th November 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications to: using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
All Applications should be sent strictly in compliance with the outline below:
- A very brief COVER LETTER stating your application and why you are a best fit for the job
- Current / Updated CV (Must indicate Age)
- A Recent Passport Photograph (Can be inserted on CV)
59 total views, 1 today