Full-Time Household Economic Strengthening / Nutrition Officer At The Center For Clinical Care And Clinical Research (cccrn)
The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Household Economic Strengthening / Nutrition Officer
Project: ICHSSA Lot 1
Department: Program Management
Reports to: State Program manager
Secondary Reporting to: Nutrition /HES Advisor
Required Travel:To field locations in Bayelsa State.
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
The Project Expected Results is hHighlighted as Follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
- Support the household economic strengthening (HES)/ Nutrition component of the ICHSSA 1 program.
- S/he will assist in the development of assessment tools, analysis of household vulnerability assessment results and articulation of appropriate relevant interventions to address identified gaps
- S/he will support the overall design, implementation, oversight, and reporting of the program’s Nutrition and HES activities, including design of behavior change and communication interventions and integration of nutrition interventions in the production and market components as well as livelihoods and resilience improvement interventions in the program.
- S/he will support the CSO partners to provide HES interventions that is aligned with household economic vulnerability status and designed to improve household resilience to shocks, reduce food insecurity (access and availability) and facilitate household graduation from the ICHSSA program.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Support HES Advisor to implement a holistic HES strategy, appropriate to the local context that allows CCCRN to strengthen the capacity of their partner CSOs to provide high quality HES services to enrolled beneficiaries.
- Support CSO partners to develop and implement capacity strengthening plans informed by a HES technical capacity assessment
- Support tailored capacity building and mentorship to CSO partners HES Officers based on assessed capacity
- Collaborate with the Agriculture institute to strengthen farm-based livelihoods and improve food access and availability among the households enrolled on the ICHSSA Project
- Support collaboration with Case Management/Linkages Technical Team to ensure household care plans incorporate economic and food security considerations and promote graduation.
- Participate during joint monitoring and supportive supervision visits with other member of the ICHSSA HES technical team to CSO to support high quality HES intervention implementation and ensure household care plan are promotive of graduation.
- Support capacity building and mentorship to CSO partners with a focus on implementation and management of community-based savings groups, OVC-optimized financial education, market assessment and opportunity identification, value addition along identified value-chains based, entrepreneurship, and micro-enterprise management based on assessed IP capacity.
- Support the Nutrition Advisor to lead and provide technical assistance to State, LGA, and CSO teams on health and nutrition, with particular focus on development of effective methodologies to improve nutritional knowledge, attitudes and practices of Households.
- Support the Nutrition Advisor to analyse the root causes of perennial malnutrition in project states.
- Contribute to developing programme strategy in nutrition in consultation with the programme team and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to development of behaviour change communications strategy for the programme and ensure technical resources required for implementation have been factored into work plans and budgets
- Support CSOs in the assessment preparation and planning for implementation, of most vulnerable households
- Support assessment preparation and planning for implementation, working in partnership with LGA authorities and health centres
- In collaboration with LGA teams, plan sensitisation activities for targeted communities with focus on traditional leaders and other key stakeholders
- Ensure prompt interventions in the management of identified malnourished children
- Ensure timely collection, compilation and analysis of quality data as well as production of quantitative and qualitative reports regarding all health and nutrition activities in the State
- Provide technical review of programme reports in line with M&E framework
- Conduct regular technical monitoring of nutrition activities and document findings to inform improvements in programme implementation
- Ensure regular communication and sharing of lessons learned and challenges with the management and partners to inform implementation and publications
- Develop training plans for staff CSOs, Government officials and Health workers based on identified needs
- Contribute to development and / or adaptation of training materials for programme staff and government officials and provide ongoing mentoring support
- Participate in meetings, training and other assessment/events as required
- Support strengthening of information flow between State and LGA
- Maintain good relationship with Government and non-Government partners working on Nutrition in the LGAs.
- Perform other duties and tasks as determined by the Nutrition Advisor.
Key Working Relationships
- This position has no supervisory role
- State Program Manager, CSO Partners
- Ministry of Women Affairs and Social development. Other related stakeholders.
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge,Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant discipline, Master’s degree will an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Nutrition and Household economic strengthening, particularly in managing community-based nutrition programming.
- Demonstrated experience in nutrition policy research and policy advocacy coordination and support to both public and related civil society organizations is desired.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation and management of community-based savings groups, OVC-optimized financial education, market development strategies including agricultural value-chains, entrepreneurship, and micro-enterprise interventions.
- Experience in designing and implementing nutrition sensitive agricultural, dietary diversity, and social and behavior change communication projects. Experience with food and equipment quality standards would be an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills, written and verbal fluency in English is highly desired.
- CCCRN is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
18 total views, 1 today