Full-Time HR & Administration Manager Job at EM-ONE Energy Solutions Limited
EM-ONE was founded in 2009 with the fundamental belief that everyone deserves access to affordable, reliable and sustainable energy. We leverage over a decade of experience operating in West Africa’s power sector to design & deploy sustainable energy solutions and smart electricity infrastructure that convert the region’s diverse electrification challenges into streamlined opportunities.
To date, we have successfully designed & built over 400 off-grid and grid-tied modular and scalable solar microgrids that meet the energy requirements of our clients today while preparing for those of tomorrow. From strategy development through to project implementation, we provide end-to-end services, providing lasting value to our clients. Our services include turnkey EPC, energy analytics, project management, and consulting.
Our global headquarters are situated in Toronto, Canada and our regional office is in Abuja, Nigeria
. We leverage our strong local knowledge with industry best practices, innovative technologies and strategic partnerships to transform aging power models into decentralized, decarbonized and digitalized energy systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: HR & Administration Manager
Job Location: Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
- This is the perfect role an administration / HR professional who is passionate about taking on a critical role in a growing, sustainability-focused firm.
- If you are someone who has big career plans – working towards becoming a head of HR, a COO or future founder? We think this role at EM-ONE will be an amazing springboard for you!
Role & Responsibilities
- This position will lead and manage all things HR & administration for our Abuja team. The right candidate will feel comfortable working across levels and cross-functionally to support EM-ONE’s mission and objectives.
Their Core Responsibilities Will include:
Human Resource Management:
- Recruitment and hiring – Develop and execute creative practices to source, hire and retain the best talent to meet the business’ changing and evolving needs.
- Benefits and payroll – Administer benefits packages and payroll working closely with our finance team.
- Employee documentation – Create and maintain master HR files, ensuring documentation is complete and compliant with regulatory requirements
- Policies and procedures – Implement and update Employee Handbook working with leadership and HQ
- Training and development – Train, coach, and support managers to navigate evaluation, training, promotion, discipline, termination, and other HR issues.
- Employee engagement and morale – Work with leadership to drive a positive working environment and define employee relations to promote employee morale, engagement, and motivation.
General Administration & Office Management:
- Manage day-to-day office operations; oversee and coordinate office activities and systems
- Project manage new, key strategic operations/admin initiatives, consistent with tasks associated with the smooth running of an office.
- Manage the teams’ travel schedules, reservations, and expense reimbursement.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion – especially with information directly impacting the global operations of the company.
- Be responsive to emails/texts/phone calls, including contact outside normal business hours.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- We are looking for someone creative, with sound all-round judgement, and who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in Human Resource Management and Administration.
- Strong understanding of Nigeria’s Federal and State employment regulations.
- Masters’ Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Relevant Nigerian Professional Certification
- Ability to interact with and lead employees at various levels; comfort working with management to address complex issues pragmatically.
- Outstanding time management, execution, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook); comfortable learning and adapting to different software.
- And finally…we are a group of hard-working individuals with can-do attitudes. We are kind to each other, and we help where we can. We have fun and respectful no matter how busy we get. We are looking for someone who will be a positive addition to our team!
What Do We Offer?
- Solid social and environmental impact mission (sustainable energy + increasing renewables to the energy transition) – with a team passionate about what we do and how we do it.
- This role is high impact – you will feel your direct impact to the company, to our mission and on our leadership team.
- We are an equal opportunities employer, and we operate with an anti-oppression mindset. We maintain awareness of and continue to be sensitive to structural oppression/privilege at work and in the communities we serve.
- Timing – we are building systems to support our growth before it gets super busy and exciting – starting early will give you plenty of time to settle in.
- Salary Range: Competitive based on experience.
- Benefits: Full range of health & dental; education allowance and learning & development experiences; generous paid sick days & vacation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their credentials to: using “Abuja – HR & Admin Manager” as the subject of the email.
- If you meet 80% or more of the ideal requirements – drop us a line at the email above
- Your credentials in whatever format you feel is best.
- You do not have to write a cover letter, but we recommend it if your resume does not say who you are.
- Disability related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in our hiring process.
- Please reach out the recruiting team member who gets back to you with your needs or any questions you may have around this.
What to Expect:
Our recruitment process will follow the steps outlined below. Please be aware that we are a little swamped, so will only be able to respond to candidates who are selected for interview.
- Round 1: Selected candidates will be invited a preliminary interview with members of our regional team.
- Round 2: Following that, selected candidates will be invited to interview with our leadership. We may at some point ask you to complete an assignment that demonstrate your abilities. We are expecting that we will be extending an offer to our new Manager by end of September 2021.
11 total views, 1 today