Internship HR Associate at ENGIE Energy Access – Fenix International
Date Posted: 2021-01-21
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. We are hiring a HR Associate in Lagos.
- This position will be part of the Human Resources team that is based in Lagos, Nigeria, led by the HR Manager.
- The position holder should have a passion for nurturing people, finding great talent to join our team, and should care about creating meaningful work to join us for an apprenticeship role.
- If you are interested in learning about talent, are highly motivated and disciplined, and have high levels of integrity and maturity, we welcome you to apply for this opportunity.
- This is a great chance for you to gain skills and learn about how HR functions at Engie Energy Access.
- Handle certain stages of candidate engagement during the recruitment process, to ensure superior candidate experience.
- Support the execution of novel employee engagement initiatives that inculcate Company values and boost workplace morale.
- Store accurate employee records in an easily retrievable format and use such information to develop insightful HR metrics.
- Help ensure a comprehensive employee onboarding experience for new joiners and ensure they receive all Company branded items.
- Create a framework to monitor strategic HR tasks such as learning & development completion rates, employee confirmations and contract expiration dates.
Deliverables and Activities
- Candidate Experience- Facilitate some candidate screening (CV and application), email communication, scheduling, coordinating of interviews and in person office visits.
- Administration- Take charge of administrative duties such as printing, filing and maintenance of up to date staff records and assist with activities such as health insurance, asset management, etc.
- Event planning- Help plan events such as birthday celebrations, happy hours, team engagement activities, Sharing Sessions, etc.
- Follow Up- Engage team members on special projects such as reviews through phone calls, meetings, and reminders.
- Onboarding- Schedule and coordinate onboarding activities and training
- Learning and Development- Support in the operations of learning and development initiatives
- Strategic Contributions:
- Participate in the weekly talent standup meeting
- Participate in brainstorming, planning, and executing special projects
- Talent Analytics: Conduct an analysis of the employee experience and propose and execute improvement plans and initiatives.
Required Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 1-3 years experience
- Commenced professional qualification/certification in HR
- Prior HR Internship roles
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set high personal goals and work independently
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to make recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues
- Up to 10% travel required.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Emotional intelligence
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply
View & Apply
37 total views, 1 today