Full-Time Human Resource (HR) Officer Job at Salient Humanitarian Organization
Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Human Resource (HR) Officer (For NHF Project)
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Contract
Starting Date: September, 2020 (TBC)
Duration of Contract: 6 Months (Extendable)
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
- The human resources (HR) officer will develop, advise on and implement policies relating to the effective use of staff in the organisation.
- His/Her aim will be to ensure that SHO employs the right balance of staff in terms of skill and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to colleagues to enhance their performance and achieve the SHO’s aims.
Recruitment, Selection and Placement:
- Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, developing and retaining the best talent to support the strategic human resources needs of SHO.
- Promote equity, transparency, and consistency in the selection process.
- Support SHO human resources need by ensuring incoming staff receive efficient on-boarding as well as systems compliance is achieved on induction and exit.
- Provide strategic advice around HR needs to Hiring managers
Policy Implementation and HR Administration:
- Provide advice around implementation of staff guidelines and ensure they are in line with the overall federation guidelines and labour laws
- Liaise with partners and donors to ensure effective implementation of HR guidelines for delegates within SHO
- Ensure compliance with all systems and procedures and ensure management integrity and accountability with high quality standards in HR; ensure the implementation of audit recommendations; advise on corrective measures and establish relevant internal controls.
- Work with line manager to review JD’s, get approvals for job descriptions and job classification of positions.
- Prepare regular HR activity reports to the ED and Admin/HR Manager.
- Provide direct HR technical support to SHO HR team
- Implement SHO HR systems and tools to ensure that there is a consistent HR approach in the Organization
- Carry out any other tasks, as requested by the line Manager.
Emergency Preparedness and Response:
- Provide back up support for emergency response in HR as and when requested
Capacity Building and staff Development:
- In coordination with the relevant programme heads, implement timely and effective staff learning and
- development programmes and briefing on career management to staff in the office in order to strengthen their capacity building and advance career development planning.
- Identify training and learning needs in consultation with line managers.
- Plan and arrange workshops/learning programmes for competency building in the field staff and National society
- Under supervision of the line manager administer the end to end contracting for all types of contracts
- As contract management focal point under supervision of line manager and liaison with regional HR team, review staff contracts for accuracy and alignment with the local labour laws within location of operations.
- Monitor staff / management issues and support/advise management and staff as appropriate to improve the relations and resolve the issues.
- Provide support and advice to management and staff as appropriate to maintain conducive working environment for all.
- Work with the local lawyer to respond to HR legal matters
- Ensure Compliance by all client groups to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in activities related to workforce planning and staff welfare with all systems and procedures to ensure consistency, integrity and accountability within the set quality standards in the stream of work; ensure implementation of audit recommendations; advice on corrective measures and establish relevant controls.
- Maintain safe and secure filing system for workforce planning and staff wellbeing Human resource documents.
Required Profile / Experience
- Degree / HND / ND in Administrative / Business Management / Human Resources or any other related course;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience from a national level project implementation position in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical in warehousing management.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral including local language ad advantage;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions, patience;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- SHO reserve the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of motivation and CV in a single file) via E-mail to: indicating the Job Position as the subject of the e-mail
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than five pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- SHO considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Please clearly indicate the Job Position on the envelope.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, SHO will only inform shortlisted candidates for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about SHO, please consult: www.salientho.org
78 total views, 1 today