Full-Time Human Resources and Operations Officer
Chemonics International Inc.
USAID STRATEGIC HIV/AIDS RESPONSE PROGRAM (SHARP) TASK ORDER 03
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
Position Title: Human Resources and Operations Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria**
Type of Employment: This is a long-term, full-time position through the life of project.
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Human Resources (HR) and Operations Officer to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 03 activity in Nigeria. This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano and Yobe States. The objectives of the activity include 1) Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; 2) Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; 3) Successfully uppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
The HR and Operations Officer will support the project in successful implementation of the project workplan and achievement of the project objectives. The HR and Operations Officer will directly support the Director of Finance and Operations with HR, operations, and administrative responsibilities to meet project’s needs in accordance with organizational and USAID rules and regulations.
The HR and Operations Officer will at all times adhere to and act in accordance with Chemonics Professional Code of Ethics (“Living Our Values”) and will make the principles of the Code a part of the project’s culture and standard operating procedures.
The HR and Operations Officer will ensure highest level of integrity, honesty and transparency in the project procurement and will maintain professional relationships with project staff, partners, donor, counterparts, vendors, and others with whom he interacts, throughout the life of the project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Support full cycle recruitment process in compliance with established procedures and regulations including but not limited to creation of job descriptions and interview questions, shortlisting and pre-screening candidates as well as reference checks, and negotiating offers of employment
· Support confirmation of all new hire paperwork is submitted, and personnel files are complete and compliant with SHARP TO03/Chemonics policy, local labor laws, and USAID regulations
· Ensure new hires are provided with adequate training regarding the project and relevant SHARP TO03/Chemonics policy policies to perform the job to the best of their ability and are assimilated into the Chemonics culture
· Maintain accurate timesheet records and ensure all timesheets are submitted on time with the appropriate approval
· Ensure personnel and recruitment files are maintained according to the requirement, ensure confidentiality and safety of the data
· Work closely with assigned supervisor on communication to staff and labor law compliance, and help to ensure a positive and thriving work environment for all staff
· Manage and administer benefits according to appropriate plans and labor laws requirements, bring any requirement changes or suggestions for improvement to the Director of Finance and Operations or assigned managers attention
· Assist in management of employee benefits, such as insurance, liaising with companies providing such benefits as needed to ensure quality services provided
· Ensure project compliance with local labor laws by conducting regular audits, and keeping updated on local labor laws and HR best practices
· Contribute to the investigation, assessment of any compliant of corruption, misconduct, and documents findings for supervisor.
· Advise on disciplinary process ensuring all actions taken comply with local labor laws and SHARP TO03/Chemonics policy policies, and loop in appropriate Home Office department if necessary
· Manage annual assessment process and ensure procedures are communicated and followed
· Work with employees and supervisors to prevent and/or resolve employee relations issues in coordination with Global HR and Office of Business Conduct (OBC). Investigate allegations of wrongdoing, i.e: sexual harassment, harassment, fraud
· Ensure employee manual is up to date, communicate changes when applicable
· Ensure all HR management practices conform to the project’s and SHARP TO03/Chemonics policies, best practices, USAID rules and regulations, and the local labor laws
· Interpret and advise staff on SHARP TO03/Chemonics policy, USAID, and federal compliance policies and procedures
· Provides administrative support and ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the office
· Inventory management of office assets
· Management of Project petty cash request and replenishment.
· Work closely with the Director of Finance and Operations in ensuring project vehicles are in working condition
· Work jointly with state admin assistants to support state offices
· Provision of office space for new hires and attend to all states office’s needs
· Assists with the organization of meetings and events on and off site as directed which may include the setting up of rooms, arranging catering and refreshments, ensuring the necessary equipment is in place and functioning, taking minutes where necessary, and the preparation of papers for distribution.
· Allocating office vehicles and Car hire Vendor to staffs for official assignment and processing approval of Fueling cards for project vehicles
· Support the procurement process for technical and operational procurement – from solicitation to final delivery of goods and services, to submission of purchase order (PO) to Finance for payment processing
· Support travel management plan, including carrying out trip planning for special travel requirements and reviewing and approving staff travel as directed by the Director of Finance and Operations. Also, make accommodation arrangements for project staff and visitors as requested.
· Support staff training as directed, including security orientations, travel briefings, safety drills, and other special training as determined necessary by the security team.
· Regular update of HR and Operations templates and forms for effective process management.
· Support the management of approved Vendor Database for recurring services provided to the project
· Any other task assigned by supervisor consistent with the scope of this position.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, business studies, management, social sciences or related field.
· Familiarity with local as well as USG rules and regulations is required.
· Minimum of five (5) years of relevant working experience
· Proven ability to build and maintain collaborative relationship with donors, subcontractors, grantees, GON and SON stakeholders and vendors in general.
· Flexible with creative personality, ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work.
· A positive problem-solving approach
· Experience of working on USAID-funded projects is an advantage.
· Excellent skills of operating Microsoft word and excel spreadsheet.
· Good communication skills, fluency in English is required.
The HR and Operations Officer will report directly to the Director of Finance and Operations. As teamwork is crucial to the success of the project, the HR and Operations Officer will be expected to closely coordinate with other project staff, as per direction from the Director of Finance and Operations.
Location of Assignment
The location of assignment is Abuja, Nigeria with intermittent travel to the states of Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Jigawa, Kano, and Yobe.
129 total views, 1 today