Full-Time Human Resources Manager
Company description FHI 360 is an international nonprofit working to improve the health and well-being of people in the United States and around the world.
Job Ad & Profile Description
Position : Human Resources Manager
To coordinate the Human Resource function of the FHI 360 Nigeria Country Office ensuring that FHI 360 policies are followed, to effectively manage HR risks within the Country/Project Office, ensuring full compliance with all relevant local laws/regulations and procedures. To provide support to the Country Director and project managers/ Chiefs of Party to ensure that staff teams issues are effectively managed and motivated. Manage all HR functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, HRIS, and training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance to management team on leadership and HR issues including application of HR policies and processes, restructuring, training, people management, career development and handling complex employee issues.
- Collaborates with country office leadership and project management staff, as well as headquarters Human Resources, on HR strategies and practices that will help achieve the strategic and programmatic goals of the country portfolio.
- Manages HR staff to ensure a high level of customer service and confidentiality is provided throughout the office. Coach and mentor the HR team, to include assessing and identifying development opportunities that strengthens HR’s role in the organization.
- Work with the CD to develop HR systems in assigned functional areas, e.g. Orientation Program, Recruitment Program, Benefits Program, etc.
- Provides tools, advice, and information to support effective delivery of HR services and processes.
- Work with CD for development of systems approach to support various HR programs.
- Apply professional HR practices and regulations to existing and new programs.
- Support new and existing programs with data tracking and analysis.
- Study and analyze market and data trends and uses this information to formulate, implement, document, and evaluate processes, systems or programs.
- Ensure day-to-day operations of HR-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner.
- Provide regular briefings to Country Director and/or Project Directors on HR matters, including the status of recruitment, training, leave balances, etc. Provide technical assistance and monitoring to SO SFAOs and Admin Officers in the administration of their HR functions.
- Contribute to the development and editing of HR policies and procedures
- Maintain a thorough awareness of developments in labor laws and legislations and advise management accordingly.
- Manage and support recruitment process and work with team members to ensure a smooth process flow from identification of a vacancy to the filling of that vacancy.
- Assist in developing position descriptions and maintaining all position descriptions of staff.
- Ensure conformity with recruitment requirements and compliance with the rules and regulations.
- Provide specialist employee relations advice and guidance with particular respect to disciplinary, grievance and absence, to ensure acceptable levels of individual employee performance.
- Support the effective implementation of all employee welfare schemes including the Staff Group Life Assurance Scheme, the Health Insurance scheme and the Pension scheme. Liaise closely with benefits and pension administrators on behalf of management.
- Assist in coordinating and/or conducting training workshops to support field offices on such topics as supervisory skills, performance assessments, effective interviewing, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required profile for job ad : Human Resources Manager
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g., Nigerian labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to FHI Nigeria.
- Ability to intervene with all levels of staff, representatives of donors and collaborating agencies, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public with diplomacy and firmness.
- Strong knowledge in salary structure and development, benefits and compensation, surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 7 – 9 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Certified member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of related body is an advantage.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and yourself.
Job criteria for job ad : Human Resources Manager Job category :
Social, public and human services
Employment type :
Permanent contract – Fixed-term contract
3 total views, 1 today