Full-Time Hydroelectromechanical (HEM) – Hydropower – Nigeria
Hydro – Mechanical/ Electromechanical Engineer – Nigeria
My client is seeking a Hydro Mechanical Engineer to help with the coordination and management of Hydro Mechanical and Electro Mechanical (HEM) installation. This position is to be based in Nigeria for large scale HPP project (300MW+ ).
- Supervision of construction activities to ensure Contractor’s adherence to Technical
- Specifications and Standards and Quality Control Assurance as per the General Conditions of Contract and the Employer’s Requirements.
- Responsible for the coordination of daily site activities and observations reports, including non-conformity of the Contractor with Technical standards and specifications.
- Responsible for Quality Control of all mechanical works, and ensuring conformity with relevant Technical standards and specifications.
- Lead the team of project engineers and works superintendents supervising the
- Powerhouse Construction works as relating to the Hydro mechanical Components of the Project.
- Direct and coordinate installation of fabrication activities to ensure systems and products comply with the engineering design along with Employer’s requirement.
- Ensure to direct the Contractor to complete installation needs as stated in the Employer’s requirement.
- Work with Chief Resident Engineer to resolve engineering issues surrounding technical specifications in the EPC Contract.
- Work with the Cross-disciplinary Engineering Supervision team to create the required level of Construction Quality Assurance Compliance.
- Preparation of progress reports (weekly, monthly and other special periods) on
- Powerhouse Construction activities of the project and installations of all related
- Hydroelectromechanical (HEM) components of the Project.
- Use the experience in previous projects for the benefit of other team members for smooth functioning of the project.
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- 20 years post-graduation experience
- Engineering Consultancy Services comprising Resident Supervision of HEM/Electromechanical Works, Review of Construction Design, Construction Quality Assurance Monitoring, Factory Acceptance Testing, Erection of HEM/HSS Equipment, Turbine/Generator Commissioning Tests and EPC Contract/Claims Management for Hydroelectric Power Projects
- Experience in managing a team of project supervision engineers & works superintendents
- Proficient with CAD and Simulation Analysis software relevant to HEM/HSS design
- Excellent presentation, negotiation, conflict management skills
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
Start Date: April 2021 (ASAP)
Salary Package: 8000-9000 USD Per Month + Housing and Flights
For more information please send your CV to
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
$8000 – $9000 per month
13 total views, 2 today