Full-Time Income Generating Activities (iga) Assistant At The International Rescue Committee (irc)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Income Generating Activities (IGA) Assistant
Requisition ID: req17477
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Open to Expatriates: No
- The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC Nigeria Program:
- The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014, the IRC moved into Adamawa State in Northeast Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict-affected populations. IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri, Monguno and Gwoza of Borno state, and Damatru of Yobe State.
- The IRC is responding at scale to the humanitarian situation across sectors including Education, Child Protection, Health, Nutrition, Women Protection and Empowerment, Environmental Health, Economic Recovery and Development, Protection and Rule of Law, and Governance.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Education Manager (State), with technical oversight by the Education Manager (Project) and the Economic Recovery and Development (ERD)Manager.
- The IRC Nigeria is currently expanding its education portfolio in the northeast of the country. A priority outcome for the Country Program is that girls and boys enroll in and attend safe, functioning, responsive education services. The IRC is currently implementing a two-year education project titled “Improving Access to Education for Conflict-Affected Children in Northeast Nigeria”. The project intends to reach 20,000 children in Borno, Adamawa, and the Yobe States with quality non-formal education services (literacy, numeracy, and social-emotional skills) and support parents and caregivers of beneficiary children with small business/income-generating activities.
- The Income Generating Activities (IGA) Assistant will therefore be responsible for the overall coordination of the IGA related activities of the Project in either Damaturu/Yobe or Mubi/Adamawa.
- Support parents and caregivers of NFE learners with small business/income-generating activities.
- Provide support to parents and caregivers on best strategies for sustaining small businesses.
- Support the M&E team in the analysis of beneficiary data collected through the various tools that the education sector uses.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on the implementation of Income Generating Activities.
- Facilitate IGA related training for the target beneficiaries at the LGA level.
- Participate in developing training content and train the beneficiaries according to the schedule defined.
- Uphold the highest standard of confidentiality when managing records to ensure beneficiary dignity and privacy.
- Monitor progress towards the objectives and intended outputs pertaining to Income Generating Activities using routine data, spot checks, observation, and other methodologies.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports on Income Generating Activities to the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Business Administration, Economics/Agric economics or any relevant field
- At least three years of relevant professional experience with an international or civil society organization, including direct implementation of education programming.
- Experience working with displaced or otherwise marginalized communities required.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent spoken and technical writing ability in English, including report writing.
- Good computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions.
- Willingness to travel extensively in the communities, including to remote and/or insecure locations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Standards of Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
- IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. Working
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
32 total views, 2 today