Part-Time Invoicing/Purchasing Assistant (07/21 ABJ)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
- Manage telephone; Airtel, GLO and 9mobile records for Abuja
- Management of phone/sims stock to ensure proper record in issuance to old and new staff and attend to all phone/sims request
- Get bills, check/enter usage on each line and enter on DS for payment
- Request for charging codes and update DS for all phone bills payment
- Maintain spreadsheet for fuel disbursement to BMATT and MOD
- Invoice UKBF for fuel disbursement (attach scan copy of vouchers)
- Issue all BHC invoices for payment to stakeholders
- Respond and rectify all invoices complaints
- Update invoice database with cash office receipt booklet
- Track unpaid invoices and chase up staff with reminder emails to pay
- Process all business cards request
- Process all printing request
- Receive all goods physically and report
Cover for Travel officer
- Treat all stationery request
- Book hotels (send request to user’s choice of hotel)
- Book flights (send request to BHC agent)
Other clarical task as requested
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent organisational skills
Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline Application deadline – day Application deadline – month Application deadline – year
12 May 2021
Type of Position
Duration of Post
Type of Post
British High Commission
Starting monthly salary ()
N 195, 647.34
Start Date Start Date – day Start Date – month Start Date – year
1 June 2021
Other benefits and conditions of employment
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British Deputy High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:
Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5 * Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
View & Apply
82 total views, 1 today