Part-Time IT Officer
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Deadline for application submission: 23rd December, 2021.
Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively.
Working in both the development and humanitarian sphere across 18 States in Nigeria delivering life changing services and support. In the next 5 years, Plan International Nigeria aims to Transform Power Relations in Favour of Girls and will not stop until 10 million girls can learn, lead, decide and thrive.
The position holder is responsible to provide technical support for users; and to manage and administer local IT infrastructure and corporate systems under the direction of the IT Coordinator
Dimensions of the Role
- IT operational plans
- Security and access control for data and network devices
- Plan and manage Field Offices technical services ensuring adherence to all corporate processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administering and maintaining the LAN and providing support in the field offices (Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe)
- Responding to and resolving all incident tickets and service requests in a timely manner.
- Assist in Maintaining an up-to date inventory of IT asset for Plan International Nigeria
- Availability and reliability of the ICT infrastructure, applications and connectivity
- Maintain agreed levels of SLA (Service Level Agreement) and OLAs (Operational Level Agreements)
- Provide efficient ICT support to delivering program outputs
- Propose Technological initiatives for the IT department
- Participate in system/project testing, rollout and certification
- Manage and administrate all servers, switches, Routers, Wi-Fi’s, IP Surveillance etc for Plan Nigeria field offices
- Diagnose and repair computer hardware and follow up on equipment sent out for repairs
- Provide preventive maintenance of computer hardware, Troubleshoot and assist/support users,
- Maintain a technical inventory of all computers and accessories of the country and field office.
- Provide support and guidance for the protection of Field office data, computers, Networks against viruses and physical damage,
- Organize and train staff to perform the routine IT administration functions in the Field offices,
- Recommend and advise on the selection of IT service providers for supplier of maintenance of IT equipment for the Field Offices
- Supervision of IT functions in the field-offices to ensure that standards of quality are met,
- Carry out routing backup operation of IT applications and servers and network device configuration data.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Perform hardware and software installation
- Perform software configuration on stand-alone computers and laptops
- Provide support in diagnosing hardware and software issues and troubleshooting activities
- Support with documenting all processes in reference manuals for training and guidance
- Assist in hardware and software inventory management
- Provide support with vendors/support contract management
- Handle periodic maintenance of hardware and software
- Troubleshoot equipment such as printers and scanners and other peripherals
- Take telephone calls from users and attempt to assist them with their information technology questions and problems
- Handle IT related documentation and make sure that all IT supplies are available
- Assist in gathering user requirements and developing appropriate reports for IT professionals
- Provide users with ongoing assistance in their information technology problems
- Ensure adherence to corporate standards, design and architecture
- Escalates incidents to IT Coordinator / Global hub support or local external support contacts as appropriate
- Provide support in setting up end-user training activities
- Fulfil other tasks set out by supervisors.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- University Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical-Electronics or related field
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working in the ICT industry
- Candidate must possess a minimum of CCNA and MCSE or CCNP Certification. ITIL Certification will be an added advantage
- Ability to communicate Effectively in English Language
- Experience of implementing and supporting LAN, WAN, VSAT, Windows Server Infrastructure, SQL Server, Exchange server/Office 365, Cisco Infrastructure, VSAT and emergencies telecommunications equipment (BGANs, Radio, Sat phones,)
- Strong knowledge on Windows Server 2012 including Active Directory
- Experience in supporting and implementing information technology systems
- Work experience in an NGO is an advantage
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent in Troubleshooting of mild to complex problems
- Ability to resolve and support users issues remotely and over the phone.
- Demonstrable experience in IT user support
- Ability to think innovatively.
- Excellent in communicating complex technical issues in a clear and understandable manner.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and good listening skills
- Ability to self-regulate and work under short notice.
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Embrace Child-centeredness, Child protection, Community participation and partnership
- Manage customer relationships and service
- Capability to communicate ideas and technical information to a non-technical audience
- Promotes high performance by all staff
- Networking, sharing information and best practices
- Works collaboratively as a team player, listens actively and values contributions
- Self-management and personal accountability
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
4 total views, 1 today