Part-Time IT Operations Assistant
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill an IT Operations Assistant post at the fix-term G5 level, based in WFP Nigeria, Maiduguri Office. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional, and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you. These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of the Unit, Chief of Information Technology Officer, or the designate. At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff. To deliver high-quality technical support, system, and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
- Minimum Qualification: High School (S.S.C.E)
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimization, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
- Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
- With the support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end-users of technology and systems to ensure staff uses standard technology and systems effectively.
- Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
- Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organized.
- Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff has access to required information about IT services and products.
- Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in the English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility. General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language.
Desired Experience for entry into the role:
- Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
- Has worked with the head of units in defining requirements for functional areas.
- The candidate should have experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
Terms and Conditions:
- WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- The contract is 12 months on a Fixed Term Contract level.
- Please visit the organization’s websites for detailed information on working with WFP. Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
The deadline for submission of applications is 17th August 2021.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
7 total views, 1 today