Part-Time Jigawa State Team Lead
Company description FHI 360 is an international nonprofit working to improve the health and well-being of people in the United States and around the world.
Job Ad & Profile Description
Position : Jigawa State Team Lead
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Jigawa State Team Lead for an upcoming FCDO-funded opportunity in Northwest Nigeria. This position is contingent upon award. The anticipated four-year Programme will deliver support to communities to promote learning and inclusion of girls in Jigawa, Kano and Jigawa (KJJ) and policy at federal/national level as appropriate. The programme will:
- Improve/build foundational skills of marginalised children (particularly girls) through community learning initiatives
- Reduce demand-side barriers to education to enable and improve learning for marginalised children (particularly for girls) by addressing social norms and harmful practices
- Increase the evidence base and rigorously assess the effectiveness of community and household level learning interventions
The Jigawa State Team Lead will report to the Kano based COP. S/he leads the technical and operational teams in Jigawa and is ultimately responsible for the successful implementation of all activities in the state. This will include working with the COP to develop annual work plans and budgets; creating and supporting an effective team; providing technical guidance, supporting monitoring and evaluation; coordinating activities with sub-grantees, and harmonizing implementation with the teams in Kano and Jigawa. The State Team Lead will be the primary liaison with government stakeholders, implementing partners and other programs within the state.
The State Lead will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure activities meet stated goals and reporting requirements. The State Lead will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, manage diverse teams, and deliver results within agreed timelines.
Required profile for job ad : Jigawa State Team Lead
- Bachelor’s degree required; (Master’s degree preferred) in education, public administration, international development, or related field from an accredited university.
- 5-8 years of experience supporting complex donor-funded development activities in challenging environments with at least 3 years of supervisory experience. Prior experience with UK funded programmes strongly preferred.
- 10 years of relevant experience in business admin, project mgmt
- Prior experience leading state or regional offices and managing operational and technical teams.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills in complex or fragile contexts.
- Proven ability to coordinate with government representatives, non-governmental organizations, and community stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of, and commitment to, gender and social equity issues.
- Previous experience working in Jigawa preferred. Familiarity with the logistical, security and access constrains in the state. Familiarity with other education, health, WASH and nutrition programming in the state.
- Experience working in the education sector in Northwest Nigeria strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the barriers to education that girls and marginalized children face strongly preferred.
- Experience mobilizing communities to address barriers to education and reduce harmful social norms strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Hausa strongly preferred.
Job criteria for job ad : Jigawa State Team Lead Job category :
R&D, project management
Social, public and human services
Employment type :
Permanent contract – Fixed-term contract
4 total views, 1 today