Full-Time Job Vacancy For Principal Programme Officer, Petroleum Mining Development At ECOWAS Commission (Abuja, Nigeria)
Responsible for the implemetation of ‘ECOWAS Guiding Framework on Regional Cooperation for Integrated Industrial Development of Hydrocarbons’ and its Implementation Matrix.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in the design and execution of related programmes/projects and activities outlined in ECOWAS Guiding Framework on Regional Cooperation for Integrated Industrial Development of Hydrocarbons/Implementation Matrix.
- Laiase with relevant stakeholder ECOWAS Commission Directorates to promote the design and execution of other specialized programmes/projects areas outlined in the Guiding Framework.
- Assist the Director to promote the design and implementation by Member States of policy options that will encourage all stakeholder institutions and operating entities adopt relevant quality standards to enhance the competitiveness of the mineral sector.
- Promote activities that generally enhance the realization of optimal benefits for the Community, along the value chain of the petroleum sector.
- Assist the Director to establish a functional ECOWAS Mineral Resources Observatory.
- Participate in the preparation of the Directorate’s Budgets and M & E Activities and assist the Director to create a conducive working environment.
- Supervise the work of the Programme Officers in his/her line of command.
- Participate in specialized technical meetings and conferences.
- Participate in preparation of periodic Reports of the Directorate.
- Carry-out any other legitimate task as may be assigned by his/her immediate superiors.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Geo-Sciences or Engineering, Petroleum Sciences or Engineering, and Materials Sciences or Engineering, or any related field. Additional qualification in Project Planning & Management could be an advantage.
- Ten (10) years professional working experience, two of which should be at a supervisory or managerial level;
- Possession of a higher degree would reduce the number of years experience to eight (8) years.
Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities)
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team within a multi-cultural environment, continuous favourable disposition to learning, innovativeness, proficiency in basic MS Office tools, conceptualizing projects, and preparation of reports.
- Candidates should not be over 50 years old at the point of recruitment and must be citizens of one of the ECOWAS Member States;
- Candidates must be fluent in one of the official languages of the Community; English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.
Annual Salary: USD 52,273 – USD 59,100
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may use the application form to apply indicating the position(s) they are interested in.
Interested candidates should download , fill it and send it together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address:
Closing Date: 30 June, 2015
- Applicants should indicate in the body of their forwarding mail, the title(s) of the position(s) they are applying for.
- NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL.
- ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Applicants experiencing difficulties sending their application with a hotmail or windows live email account should forward their application via other mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Applicants may also call +2347034188920 for further information.
- Applicants may also call +2347034188920 for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT+1).
Ghana Current Jobs
14 total views, 1 today