Full-Time Junior Accountant
As a Junior Financial Accountant in our Finance team in Nigeria you will be facilitating various aspects of the daily operations.
Your main responsibilities and duties include:
- Daily processing of expenses and general payments
- Maintaining fixed asset register
- Journal entries and general ledger reconciliations
- Bank reconciliation of all commission accounts
- Backup and support for all Finance functions and processes undertaken within team, supplier payables.
- Conduct process reviews with local management and recommend changes to improve efficiencies within finance operations in the office.
- Identify supplier and engage with business units/vendors to negotiate improved terms of trade as well as continue to improve the procurement process and make sure that we have a competitive panel of vendors
- Ensure compliance to all financial policies and procedures
- Manage special projects for the department
- Delivering excellent service for internal customers.
- Ensure admin support to colleagues and follow up with contractors related to maintenance of office premise and outsourced staff.
- Conduct audit and accuracy checks on a regular basis.
- Liaise with the tax consultant for monthly computation of PAYE, VAT & WHT and make sure all the receipts are available and appropriately filed.
- Bsc Accounting or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3years experience
- Part Qualification could be an added advantage
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office tools- intermediate Excel capability
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- General ledger experience
- Project management skills beneficial
- Reliable, with a flexible approach to work
- Ability to prioritise work according to urgency and deliver to required deadlines without comprising quality
- Ability to get on with the job quietly and efficiently
- Good teamwork skills
Equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson
39 total views, 1 today