Full-Time Junior Accountant at QuickCheck
We are looking at building our internal finance team, the backbone of QuickCheck… Are you interested in joining a fast-growing international startup, to work in the trenches by designing, operating, and building a major function supporting all areas of the business, including key strategic decisions? As a hands-on Accountant, with experience in this area, you are the right profile to jump on board!
A large portion of the Nigerian population has no access to proper banking services, especially credit. QuickCheck is a fast-growing Fintech startup in Nigeria, with the mission of providing financial services to underserved consumers. We leverage artificial intelligence to build an intelligent product, which wants to be much more than just another neo-bank in Africa. Our app-based solution has been downloaded by 1 Million people and has processed over 2.5 Million micro-credit applications. A Dream Team of 100+ people is located between Nigeria and Portugal.
About the job
QuickCheck is seeking to hire an Accountant to join its team in Lagos, reporting directly to the country Senior Accountant. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations involving all accounting transactions, bookkeeping, bank reconciliations, expenses, bank payments, local taxes, capital importation, allocation of idle funds, and financial reporting.
Responsibilities for this role include
- Manage all accounting transactions that come through the business
- Process the bank statements and perform bank reconciliations
- Carrying out reconciliation of all bank operations accounts.
- Monthly filing of statutory (PAYE, VAT, WHT, etc.)
- Processing of invoices and liaising with other departments regarding payables.
- Handling any other financial function delegated by Superior or management staff.
- Record day-to-day financial transactions
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct account allocations
- Prepare a monthly Profit and Loss Statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- First Degree in accounting or finance-related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years experience post-NYSC
- Professional student of Accounting (ICAN, ACCA, etc.) would be added advantage
- Exposure to finance or bank-related functions would be an added advantage.
- Versatile in using ERP such as Xero, NAV Dynamic, Sage, etc
- Good use of Spreadsheets like; Google Sheet, Excel.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive, with an innate drive to exploring different options for reaching results, autonomously
Benefits and perks
- Be part of an international team
- A high degree of autonomy, flat hierarchy, open communication and get shit done attitude
- Pension and health insurance schemes
- Flexible working hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR
20 total views, 1 today