Full-Time Junior Project Officer
This position seconded to the Directorate of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD) of the ECOWAS Commission will support the FABI activities on the ECOWAS Rice Action Plan. The position is based in Abuja (Nigeria) under the supervision of the CARI’s senior policy advisor
- Minimum Qualification: MBA / MSc
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Supporting general project planning, including preparation and organization of planning activities, implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and documentation in relation to the ECOWAS Rice Offensive and its action plan.
- Supporting coordination mechanism and synergies among stakeholders
- Communication and knowledge management: development of policy briefs and newsletter articles
- Backstopping of external short-term experts
- Contribution to the organization of multi-stakeholder consultations and regional workshops
- Mapping and analysis of current regulations undertaken by each country in the rice sector in the ECOWAS region
- Development of a database on national and regional regulations supporting the rice value chain.
- Maintenance of the database and monitoring of the implementation of regulations
- Supporting coordination between the ECOWAS and stakeholders in the member states
- Backstopping and regular communication with the short term experts in charge of conducting the regulation gap analysis
- Development of terms of reference and back-stopping of external short-term experts to build an easy-to-use platform that will enable the Member states and ECOWAS commission to update the rice database in the future
- Supporting the organization of multi-stakeholder consultations in the context of the regulation gap analysis and the development of additional regulations
- Supporting the organization of the regional validation workshop
- Any other task assigned by DARD in the implementation of component 1 of the ECOWAS Rice Action Plan
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience Qualifications:
- An M.Sc. degree or equivalent in the field of agricultural economics or related topics
- Knowledge of database management software (e.g. Microsoft Access)
- Willingness to undertake short-term business trips
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, One-Note, Teams, Planner)
- Confidential handling of data and information
- 3 years of experience in the field of agricultural and rural development
- Experience with database development and maintenance
- Experience in value chain development, especially rice
- Experience in policy advice and interaction with stakeholders at regional and national levels
- Demonstrated ability in the organization of workshops, communication, and public relations
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Experience with gender mainstreaming
- Good English skills: C1 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) and sound knowledge of French
- Experience with GIZ internal processes and instruments is an asset
- Previous experience in a comparable position is an asset
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS region and the rice value chain will be an asset.
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details (Please include vacancy no. 059 in mail subject).
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
39 total views, 1 today