Full-Time Lead Civil / Structural Engineer
The Lead Civil/Structural Engineer is the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all products and deliverables from the Civil/Structural Engineering Department. He is tasked with the coordination and leadership of the Civil/Structural department and shall be responsible for the training and verification of job quality assurance of team members.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 12 years
- Bachelor degree in Civil (or Structural) Engineering
- Masters’ degree in a Civil/Structural related course is an added advantage
- Must have worked at least 12 years in the oil and gas (or related) industry, five of which must be in a leadership position
- Satisfactory experience in team leadership and job delegation to team members
- Experience in the production and review of Key Deliverables prepared by the Civil/Structural team or produced by other work-share offices
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices, codes, and standards applicable to civil/structural engineering.
- Should have excellent communication skills essential for Client, Interdisciplinary and Vendor coordination, and coordination with other work-share offices.
- Established ability to carry out major analyses and designs of steel and reinforced concrete structures as well as their foundations
- Working knowledge in general civil works like grading, paving, roads, drainage systems, and other underground services
- Hands-on experience in analysis and design industry software, such as SACS, STAAD Pro, Tekla Structures, 3D Model Review Tools (SPR & NavisWorks), MathCAD, Foundation 3D, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Vast knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation, and 3D Modeling Tools (PDS, SP3D, PDMS, CadWorx, AutoPlant, etc.)
- Supervision of civil engineering execution in detailed design, production of calculations for heavy equipment foundations, buildings, and steel structures.
- Ensure effective communications and co-ordinations between all supervised staff, Lead Engineers of other departments, and Project Managers.
- Implement and maintain productivity targets for supervised staff, including monitoring of overtime and budgeted man-hours.
- Prepare an estimate of required man-hours along with supporting documentation for both proposals and major change orders, prior to issuance
- Implement staffing development plans and assign staff to specific projects or proposals
- Develop the department’s capability and enhance the technical expertise of staff to suit the present marketplace, through proper training & development, selective recruitment, evaluation of staff, continuous monitoring & assessment of staff, and utilization of up-to-date software.
- Offshore and Onshore Structural Steel Design based on EC3, API-RP 2A, AISC Manual, as well as ISO standards
- Foundation Design for Equipment and Civil Structures per EC2, EC7, ACI 318, and ISO standards
- Structural analysis and design of jackets, topsides, access platforms, equipment support structures, flare support, etc.
- Production of Design Specifications, Design Philosophy, and general civil designs
- All major Civil/Structural analyses such as Inplace, Loadout, Transportation, Lifting, On-bottom, pile drivability, Seafastening analyses, and design
- Review and checking of deliverables from junior and intermediate engineers (calculation sheets, engineering drawings, and material take-offs) to meet project specification requirements from the client.
- Use of other international Codes like NORSOK, DNV & DNV-GL in structural analysis and design
- Any other responsibilities assigned by management.
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
42 total views, 1 today