Full-Time Legal Counsel Specialist FS – Nigeria/Ghana – Fintech
- Law firm & in-house legal commercial experience
- Expertise in financial services
About Our Client
Our client is an international start-up & key player of the Tech industry in Africa. As part of the set-up of its Group Legal & Compliance department, we are looking for a Legal Counsel Specialist looking after financial services for Nigeria & Ghana West & Central to be based in Nigeria.
Based in Lagos, you report to the Head of Legal Africa and play a key role in legal advice when it comes to the Group’s financial services activities in the region.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments :
- Providing specialist legal knowledge and expertise on financial, payments and fintech regulation across Nigeria, Ghana jurisdictions and relevant European markets,
- Overseeing regulatory applications and relationships with financial regulators including responses to examinations and other inquiries,
- Drafting compliance policies and procedures related to the financial services business,
- Translating knowledge of the global financial and payments ecosystem in the group related environment working closely with Commercial, Finance, Technical and Compliance teams,
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts including for payments, banking and mobile money services,
- Implementing Group legal policies and procedures for the financial services activities,
- Engaging in other aspects of the legal function and special projects as topics arise.
The Successful Applicant
You have a degree in law together with a minimum of five years experience in a law firm followed by in-house legal experience in the private sector with regulated and listed multinational companies of the telcos, FMCG, banking, financial services & institutions industries. Experience with commercial contracting regarding financial services is key for this position and multiple countries will be an added value. You have a strong drive, entrepreneur and planning skills together with high agility and wish to bring your financial services legal expertise to succeed in a setting-up, fast-paced and fascinating start-up environment.
What’s on Offer
Local attractive package
Quote job ref
+33 1 41 92 44 88
4 total views, 1 today