Full-Time Literacy Teacher at the Atiku Institute for Development Initiatives (AIDIs) of the American University of Nigeria
Date Posted: 2020-12-15
Atiku Institute for Development Initiatives (AIDIs) of the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is hiring a Literacy Teacher In Yola, Adamawa
Summary of Position
- The Literacy Teacher on the AIDIs Feed and Read program, will provide and contribute to the teaching of Literacy and Numeracy under the direction of the Senior Program Officer in accordance with the national curriculum and using the appropriate syllabus, materials and schemes of work.
- Create lesson plan and utilize various curriculum resources
- Organizing classes and taking responsibility for the progress of lessons
- Evaluation and assessment of pupils’ work and report on pupil achievement and attainment in line with school policy
- Provide weekly, quarterly, or yearly academic reports.
- Maintain discipline whilst motivating pupils and facilitating their development to meet agreed targets.
- Maintaining agreed records, including assessment and recording of pupils’ development.
- Responsibility for health and safety in the classroom and in the school environment.
- Take part in the school’s “life”, and pastoral and curricular activities outside of classes including those which take place at evenings and weekends.
- Build and maintain co-operative relationships with both pupils and their parents/guardians
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- B.A in Education or Adult Education or any other related field. Or NCE with 3 years relevant teaching experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in working with INGO in education project.
- PGD in education is an added advantage.
- Experience in teaching adults and other vulnerable groups.
- Excellent report writing skill (required and to be tested).
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral);
- ICT skills (Required and to be tested)
- Fulfil AIDIs Child Protection and PSEA Policies at all times to prevent pupils from all forms of abuses.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as per AIDIs salary scale.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online on or before 18th December, 2020 and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: email@example.com in a word document or PDF format, using the position being applied for as subject of the email
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
98 total views, 1 today