Full-Time Logistics Assistant SC-5 Abuja
TYPE OF CONTRACT AND GRADE:
SC level 5
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
WFP Supply Chain supports beneficiaries in the northeast of Nigeria on a monthly basis through the Programme unit by implementing the Supply Chain components of food distribution to the people we serve.
Upstream unit of the supply chain plays a major role in ensuring adequate quantity of food is delivered to WFP extended delivery points in the North East to ensure monthly food distribution requirements are met. While the unit’s staff strength is currently inadequate to effectively carry out required operation planning, coordination and monitoring tasks, there is a clear need for a logistics staff with a strong technical background in Supply Chain Management to be added to support CO staff in this unit.
Listed below are some of the key support that will be required from the proposed position.
Under the direction supervision of the Deputy Head of Supply Chain, the incumbent will perform the following responsibilities:
ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: * Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
- Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Contribute to the drive of continuous improvement by analysing existing operational modalities to identify cost savings and service enhancements opportunities, include solution re-engineering/ redesign initiatives.
- Prepare accurate, comprehensive, and timely reports and other visual materials that feed into Supply Chain dashboards to support informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to various stakeholders.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of operational and reporting queries made to the unit. This includes collaboration with other staff in specific technical area of responsibility for a coordinated response.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to support informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
Any other duty assigned to me by my supervisor.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- Contribute to the management/analysis of supply chain pipeline and development of pipeline template
- Successfully analysis stock position and needs of country EDPs to ensure adequate supply of commodities to warehouses to service monthly distribution.
- Maintain Local Purchase Food Supply Status document and contribute to the Global Commodity Management Facility (GCMF) Stock Priority Purchase & Conversion Process with Budget & Programming that ensures timely Sales Order processing.
- Improve supply chain operation visibility by contributing to the establishment of an Upstream Logistics Operation Report and Dashboard for management update and decision making.
- QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
University degree in Supply Chain, Shipping, Logistics, Engineering, and Accountant.
Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in operations and logistics with at least three years related to Supply Chain Management at any commercial or national/international humanitarian organization.
Knowledge & Skills:
Analytical and conceptual work in support of strategy design and implementation. Coordination of supply chain activities across functions and with external partners. Experience with process improvement and performance management.
Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to write accurately and concisely. Ability to work in a multicultural environment with sound interpersonal and communications skills.
Fluency (level C) in English language
Deadline: 15th September 2021
World Food Programme
11 total views, 1 today