Full-Time Logistics Officer (CBT Retailer Management) NOA Damaturu
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. The job holder will collect, analyze and report on information to maximize the efficiency of the logistics operations and activities. This job is likely to be found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs), or Country Offices (COs). In the field, role holders typically report to the Head of Field Office or the designate. In RBs and HQ, job holders report to a more senior Logistics Officer. The Job holder is likely to be working closely with a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
- Support logistics projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Collect and analyze data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve the performance of local logistics operations.
- Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to the supervisor to optimize the use of available funds.
- Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (i.e. through contribution to the training materials).
- Identify and build productive relationships with logistics colleagues and staff within the area of assignment to support an integrated approach to food assistance.
- Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required
Standard Minimum Qualification:
- Education: Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language.
- National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and understanding at least one of the local languages (Hausa or Kanuri).
Other specific job requirements:
- Ensure the timely and transparent selection of sufficient retailers to meet the E-Voucher scale-up plan, in accordance with Procurement regulations, training and leading a team in-retailer assessment and the use of the Retailer Onboarding and Contracting (ROC) App, and applying the selection criteria and weights agreed with Procurement and Programme.
- Ensure regular retailer performance monitoring against key performance indicators, through visits and SCOPE analysis against, and follow up on beneficiary complaints (also via the Hotline) related to retailer performance.
- Promptly report irregularities and potential fraudulent practices to the Head of Supply Chain.
- Bring contractual performance issues to the attention of Procurement for corrective contractual measures.
- Build and develop productive relationships with the retail networks by coordinating monthly meetings in all locations with active retailers (Retailer Relationship Management).
- Build retailer capacity if/as required on food storage and handling techniques, pest management, and rodent control.
- Build capacity and supervise the CPs tasked with data collection and information dissemination from/to retailers.
- Follow up with SC and Finance colleagues responsible for reconciliation and payment, for timely payment of retailers.
- In new areas under consideration for CBT, assess the structure and capacity of the local retail sector to deliver in-direct food assistance from a supply chain perspective (including SC mapping, operational risks, and ‘early warning of supply’ indicators).
- Undertake a comparative cost analysis of the delivery of direct and indirect food assistance, including impact on LTSH.
- Take an active part in the implementation- and performance analysis of CBT modality, attending the CBT WG as delegated, and recommend adjustments to CO management from a supply chain perspective.
- Coordinate with other key departments including VAM, Programme Finance, and Procurement as required to assure successful retail delivery.
Desired experiences for entry into the role:
- Experience in analyzing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring Retailers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
- Experience in market assessment and analysis of data.
- Experience in drafting CBT risk matrix and mitigation measures.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
Terms and Conditions:
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position. (For G level positions, for NO level position candidates must be Nigerian Nationals)
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in the English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package.
The deadline for submission of applications is 9th August 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
17 total views, 1 today