Part-Time Logistics Officer Recruitment at Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’)
Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Logistics Officer
Job Location: Maiduguri, possible travels to field locations within Borno State operational areas of NCA
Employment Type: Contract
Contract duration: 1 year with possible extension
Construction & Rehabilitation:
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of stocks and equipment according to NCA standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager’s supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor’s instructions.
- Checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards…) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to NCA standards
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of NCA premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team at field locations under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility including the definition and planning of each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule and organizing and leading team meetings
Transport and Fleet:
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to standards and instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Supervise the work of the drivers to ensure proper vehicle allocations, tracking of vehicle related costs inclusive of monitoring maintenance/repair/service schedules and fuel.
- Maintain accurate and update vehicle files and ensure that mileage log sheets, vehicle repair records, service and related costs documentation are prepared and used as required.
- Ensuring monthly fuel usage reports for all vehicles are prepared and passed to line manager as required as well as maintains proper file records.
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to NCA supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
- Checking, recording, and arranging the goods received and ensuring the availability of a wide range of items for various users
- Ensuring that all necessary tools and management procedures are in place to avoid stock ruptures, losses (expiries, damages due to bad storage conditions, temperature breach) and excess stocks. Regularly checking inventory levels (physical counts), keeping inventories up to date and monitoring consumption
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state
- Planning and supervising on a day-to-day basis the Warehouse and Stock Management activities in Maiduguri and field locations, ensuring compliance of NCA standards, and procedures. These activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Releasing items from stores according to NCA standard and updating the store register daily
- Informing the line manager of the need for replenishment in the store
- Ensuring stock taking and inventories are conducted on regular interval
- Ensuring that all items are well organized and correctly stored according to their specificity, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Works with other program and operations staff at the field locations to ensure the coordination of NCA activities are managed smoothly.
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies.
- Facilitates emergency and non-emergency security expenditures.
- Actively promotes PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within NCA and amongst beneficiaries served by NCA.
- Administrative Degree from a recognized institution.
- At least 1 year in NCA or 3 years in a similar post out of NCA Language skills: fluent verbal/written English and local language.
- Supervisory experience required.
Experience & Technical Skills:
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders externally.
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Behavioural flexibility
- Adherance to NCA Principles
- Excellent stress management Ability to manage conflict and reach and build consensus.
- Willingness to live and work in difficult and rapidly changing conditions.
- Constructive and pro-active communication with a wide variety of actors and stakeholders.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Norwegian Church Aid. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Norwegian Church Aid’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV in a single Microsoft Word document to “The Human Resources, Norwegian Church Aid” via: using the Job position and Location as the subject of the email.
- Applications not following the given format will not be considered.
- Note that background checks will be conducted thorough the HR offices of your current and previous employers
- Your three PROFESSIONAL referees MUST be your current or previous line managers and MUST be official emails.
- Qualified Borno State indigenes are encouraged to apply.
- Position opens to both female and male candidates.
- Nigeria Nationals only.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
4 total views, 1 today