Full-Time MALE & FEMALE RESIDENT MEDICAL OFFICER
JOB OPPORTUNITY – MALE & FEMALE RESIDENT MEDICAL OFFICER
A leading full boarding International School in Lagos requires the services of male and female Resident Medical Officers for immediate employment.
The applicant should have the ability to diagnose and treat medical conditions, disorders, and diseases through the application of specialist medical skills and knowledge. Manage the school clinic and ensure policies and procedures are followed, and standards are maintained.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- MBBS degree from an accredited school and licensed to practice in Nigeria
- Higher degree e.g
. MPH, MHA will be an added advantage * Minimum of two (2) years of work experience preferably in a school
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Problem-solving and effective decision-making skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in inpatient treatment.
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Undertake patient consultations and physical examinations
- Conduct regular patient check-ups, diagnose any ailments, monitor and administer medication, assess and plan treatment requirements and write reports and maintain records.
- Promote whole school health education by conducting health talks and refresher training on First Aid/CPR/AED to certified members of staff
- Conduct such special medical examinations on students as may be indicated or required after referrals by the classroom teacher, the school nurse, or the house parent.
- Examine and/or approve annually all students participating in inter-house athletic activities and sea school before participation
- Examine members of staff and new hires as required and provide report on their suitability for employment or continued employment
- Work with the VP (Pastoral) on medical issues and public health information programs and procedures
- Serve as a liaison with student’s private physicians as required
- Assist in the development and implementation of medical practices and procedures in the School
- Coordinate and manage the testing of the school water system to ascertain the quality and advise the school appropriately
- Refer patients to specialists and consultants after giving first aid treatment.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the line manager.
30 total views, 1 today