Full-Time Manager, Product Management – Mastercard Cross Border Services, West Africa
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management – Mastercard Cross Border Services, West Africa
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
The SSA Market team is looking for a Manager, to cover the West Africa sub-region. The candidate will be part of the “Mastercard Cross Border Services” sales team and will demonstrate the initiative and ownership as an individual contributor, raise the bar and challenge the boundaries to corner new payment flows using Mastercard Cross Border Services product.
In the last couple of years, Mastercard has developed products in the cross-border payments space, “Mastercard Cross Border Services” products. In West Africa, we have established partnerships with several entities active in the cross-border payments. We are looking to scale those partnerships and to establish more.
The candidate will ensure that “Mastercard Cross Border Services” products strategy is implemented in close alignment to market objectives and deliver commercial product launches and success
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Meet the volume and scale objectives for Mastercard Cross Border Services in West Africa cluster by shaping and aligning the product to the go-to-market strategy
- Partner with global and regional product teams to understand product capabilities, provide inputs to ensure market needs are addressed, synergize with other initiatives and ensure ongoing coordination for smooth operation of the product in market
- Lead client engagements to communicate product strategy, innovation, business building strategies and ensuring sign ups
- Engage Marketing, Communications and other colleagues to support the successful launch of products and ensure optimum visibility and utilization of budgets and investments on the product
- Coordinating (at internal and customer level) the end-to-end implementation of the service with new customers: due diligence process, contract and commercial negotiations, financial set-up, service roll-out….
- Managing complex analyses using data from multiple sources in order to build strategic intelligence for both Mastercard and customers.
- Supporting and developing strong internal relationships within Mastercard to enable all team members to achieve their business goals and differentiate “Mastercard Cross Border Services” products from the competition.
All About You:
Qualifications and Experience
- Several years of experience in remittances with banks or other financial institutions
- A keen understanding of bilateral agreements / correspondent banking for B2B and P2P payments is a definite plus
- Exposure to mobile money/card payment industry is desirable
- Experience in managing a product from conception to scale is desirable
- Lagos based candidates preferred with relevant market experience and vintage
Skills and Competencies
- Strong product and problem-solving acumen
- Proven sales, negotiation, communication skills
- Team player, comfortable working in a large matrix organization, willing to lead, build consensus and determined to get things done in time
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where rapid or sudden changes are not unusual
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is a plus
- Based in Lagos, but willing to travel across West Africa region.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
51 total views, 1 today