Full-Time Mechanical Engineer Job at Green Habitat Initiative (GHI)
Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) is a non-profit non-governmental organization promoting the achievement of SDG 6 (clean water) and SDG 11 (sustainable cities and communities) in Nigeria. Incorporated in 2016 in Nigeria, GHI has worked in various sectors such as environmental sustainability, urban planning, sustainable urban development, urban agriculture, social urban innovations, architecture, WASH, solid waste management, recycling activities, environmental activism, etc.
GHI has worked with various local and international partners such as VINNOVA Group Sweden, French Institute Nigeria, Energies 2050, Embassies of Germany, France and Czech, The Water Mechanics, Baze University, One Environment, Stop Don’t Drop, etc. to deliver its projects
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Mechanical Engineer
Job Locations: Kebbi / Sokoto
Job Type: Contract Full Time
Tenure: 8 Months
About the Project
- GHI is implementing the Project for Improved Sustainability of Integrated WASH Services (I-WASH) project inKebbi and Sokoto states in collaboration with USAID.
- The project components involve integrating WASH-WRM and watershed studies for the associated catchments in the region.
- The activities will include provision of integrated WASH facilities, watershed studies of the river basins associated with the 4 states, remote monitoring of the WASH facilities and community advocacy. Expected start date is March 2021.
- Mechanical Engineer would be responsible for the design and development of the water flow detection sub-system and making sure it meets the usability, durability and environmental requirements.
- Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of such equipment as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
- Perform engineering calculations to support design work.
- Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using computer software.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors.
- Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process.
- Ensure project timeline is met and project stays within budget.
- Plan, conceptualize, and create mechanical designs for new products.
- Develop testing processes, and perform testing and validation of new designs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience working in engineering.
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing mechanical systems and products.
- Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems.
- Experience using CAD software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or similar.
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Must be self-motivated and a great team worker.
Note: We will recruit once we find the right candidate, so we strongly advise you to submit your applications as soon as possible.
View & Apply
16 total views, 1 today