Full-Time Medical Director
Job Title: Medical Director
Reporting to: Chief Medical Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Direct Reports: Clinical Teams, Clinical Departments, Diagnostics, Bio Medical Engineering, Technicians & Paramedics
The objective of this role is to ensure the qualitative functioning of the hospital in the delivery of patient care within the overview of the mission, vision, values and ethos of the Hospital Group as an organization and delivering quality services and excellent learning outcomes. Ensuring compliance to Clinical SOPs
KEY PEFORMANCE AREAS
- Provide advice to the CMO & CEO as required on medical and non-medical issues, in accordance with the local and national policy.
- Develop and manage healthcare services for the ecosystem. Responsible to ensure timely access to quality services, patient safety and implementation of the hospital’s clinical governance strategy.
- Manage all resources within control in the most appropriate way to ensure effective services, while ensuring value for money.
- Work with Department Heads to ensure that the hospital meets all its corporate responsibilities, including those regarding finance, health and safety, etc.
- Adhere to the standards laid down in the Code of Conduct for the staff at all times and act in a manner which supports and promotes the values of the hospital.
- Undertake relevant tasks outside the normal responsibilities on behalf of the Chief
Medical Officer and support the duties of the Chief Medical Officer.
- Work in collaboration with heads of clinical departments, taking a lead role in the development and implementation of a medical workforce strategy to support the delivery of both the medical agenda and the hospital’s clinical strategy.
- Develop the role of clinical leaders within the hospital, by building leadership capacity and offering individual mentorship, where appropriate.
- Ensure that the medical workforce strategy supports hospital compliance with statutory regulations and professional recommendations.
- Take the lead clinical role in developing and implementing the hospital’s clinical strategy, ensuring the provision of an appropriate and effective range of services and ensuring that planned changes or developments are clinically sound.
Clinical governance and accountability for patient care:
- In partnership with the Chief of Nursing, ensure the development and delivery of an effective, outcome-focused nursing strategy.
- Support the CMO for clinical governance with particular responsibility for clinical effectiveness.
- Ensure that SOPS are in place and are made known to all doctors, for reporting a colleague doctor when they have concerns that their conduct, performance or health might be a threat to patients.
- Lead on clinical governance matters involving doctors, with particular reference to quality, infection control and risks management
- Ensure that the hospital clinical risk management strategy is implemented and regularly reviewed.
- Work with the Head of HR, take responsibility for the implementation of HR policies among the medical staff, in particular the policies for dealing with concerns, exclusions, conduct, performance and sickness of the medical staff.
- Provide effective professional leadership to and oversee the management of, all the medical staff working in the hospital.
- Lead and develop clinical engagement in the management for running the hospital.
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, ensure that effective systems are in place for job planning and appraisal of all career grade medical staff.
- Ensure that policies, procedures and protocols are implemented to manage appraisals job planning, recruitment, selection, disciplinary and performance management processes for all the staff.
Professional advice and leadership:
- Provide professional and clinical leadership in the delivery of healthcare services and be responsible for supervising the conduct and performance of all doctors working in the hospital.
- Be the guardian for the hospital and ensure that the hospital complies with all the requirements for institutional governance.
- Represent the hospital on Medical Committees and other such bodies as directed by
- Encourage continuous improvement and excellence in the provision of clinical services throughout the hospital.
- Advise the management on the impact of professional issues, statutory
42 total views, 1 today