Full-Time Medical Doctor
Company description EOS Outsourcing Limited is part of the international EOS Corporation Group, which provides services to the Oil and Gas Industry. We have…
Job Ad & Profile Description
Position : Medical Doctor
Location: Bonny Island (Not Limited to)
Employment Type: Contract or Full Time
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevent. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations, and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care of the quality, disinfection, and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity, and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error, and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment, or material.
- Ensure bedside training of the paramedical team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- To work in collaboration with the nurses to ensure medical care of quality
- To work as a team member, taking into consideration the non-medical problems the patients have to face (food and care problems, etc.)
Context Specific Accountabilities
On Admission: ER/ICU:
- To examine all new cases admitted in the ITFC
- To carry out a basic medical examination.
- To recognize, call and/or immediately inform the ex-pat doctor about the children in a serious condition requiring emergency interventions.
- To check the patients’ hydration status and to prescribe re-hydration treatment if necessary.
- To prescribe routine and basic treatment according to the protocols used in respecting the drug dosage based on the weight of the patients.
- To completely and properly fill the individual card with the medical data.
- To give clear instructions to the nurses on the medical care and specific monitoring of the patient.
- To do a quick late-afternoon round to be sure that the patients are OK for the night, the directives are done.
Monitoring of the Patients:
In Phase 1 :
- To daily follow the patients in phase 1
- To estimate the medical evolution (improvement, deterioration, etc.)
- To change the medical treatment according to the protocol
- To hold properly the patient folder
- To decide, in collaboration with the nurse, on the transfer of the patient(s) to phase 2
- To ensure all patients above six months, have been vaccinated when transferring to phase 2
- To do a quick late-afternoon round to be sure that the patients are OK for the night, the rounds directives are well followed.
In Phase 2:
- To daily follow the patients with medical problems.
- To control 3 times a week the medical status of all the patients.
- To prescribe basic medical treatment.
- To refer to ex-pat doctors the patients who are not gaining weight or who have complicated medical problems.
- To decide, in collaboration with the nurse, on the discharge of the patients.
Required profile for job ad : Medical Doctor
Minimum Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery degree (MBBS, MBChB, BMBCh or MD)
- Must have a minimum of 8 years post graduate clinical experience in a mid-large hospital, four of which must have been managing and leading a team at senior management or executive level.
- Demonstrated skills in medical administration and/or previous experience in medical administration.
- Experience working in a clinical setting with technicians, nurses and physicians.
- Must have experience as a Family Physician/Internal Medicine Practitioner/Internist
- Must have passed their fellowship part 2 exams.
- Good command of English (Written and Verbal)
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Job criteria for job ad : Medical Doctor Job category :
Health and social professions
Health, pharmacy, hospitals, medical equipment
Employment type :
24 total views, 1 today