Full-Time Membership Associate at Nourishing Africa
Date Posted: 2021-01-27
Nourishing Africa – The organization seeks to engage a Membership Associate who will be responsible for engaging existing and potential members of the Nourishing Africa hub. The candidate will perform tasks such as recruiting new members, promoting products and services, providing information through periodic newsletters and emails, maintaining membership records, managing correspondence, giving instructions to members, and making members feel welcome and well-attended. The Membership Associate will work closely with the Membership Coordinator, the Operations Lead and Nourishing Africa’s Communications Department.
In this role, you will be required to fulfil the following primary responsibilities working as a key member of the Nourishing Africa team:
- Engage potential, new, and existing entrepreneur members on the Nourishing Africa platform.
- Develop and implement member recruitment campaigns.
- Manage and process membership applications and renewal.
- Serve as a central point of contact for members and respond to general inquiries.
- Monitor and report on key metrics related to membership growth and generate reports to inform member engagement strategy.
- Actively participate in crafting membership development strategies, including networking with other similar organizations to identify best practices.
- Facilitate the development of membership communication materials and communicate membership value and benefits to current and prospective members via the Nourishing Africa portal and other channels.
- Create strategic roadmaps to onboard new members and establish benchmarks for their success with Nourishing Africa.
- Provide an informed customer-focused feedback loop into the product design and development.
- Liaise with the ICT team for building and testing new features within the membership portal.
- Drive member adoption of features and new products on the Nourishing Africa hub and find new growth areas.
- Coordinate current member service programs including sourcing and contracting vendors and service providers.
- Provide live chat support for members via the dashboard.
- Develop SME Toolkits for members’ use.
- Attend virtual and offline events and meetings with agri-food SMEs and relevant stakeholders and create reports and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Ensure that membership data is accurate and up-to-date, maintain complete bibliography and contacts list of all members and other stakeholders engaged.
We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, committed to excellence, with a passion for the agriculture sector. Below are key qualifications that we require:
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field.
- At least two years of related work experience in membership coordination or related roles.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Understanding of and ability to share Nourishing Africa’s vision and goals.
- Understanding of and ability to follow organizational policies and procedures.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills to manage multiple assignments prioritize tasks, manage time effectively and efficiently, and complete tasks within deadlines.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Experience of using membership database software.
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and membership/development databases.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent computer proficiency
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members.
- Available to start immediately.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV using the job title as the subject of the email.
24 total views, 1 today