Part-Time Nicole Sinclair Recent Job Recruitment – Apply Now
Nicole Sinclair – Our client, a Hospitality Company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Chef
Location: Wuse, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking to fill a Head Chef role in our esteemed organization.
- The role occupier will ensure that the kitchen runs smoothly and all kitchen and restaurant staff adhere to safety regulations as well asorganize food orders, oversee food preparation, cook and examine food plating and temperatures.
- Ensure compliance with the organization’s approved inventory and stock management procedure i.e. inventory list, storage requirements, monthly stock reporting, and sign-off on requisition forms.
- Conduct regular stock audits and establish controls to minimize food and supply wastage and theft.
- Evaluate food products to be sure quality standards are met.
- Research on local and international dishes for inspiration in menu creation.
- Create / update menus bi-annually, for Management’s approval
- Collaborate with F & B for menu pricing.
- Advise on and standardize menu portions.
- Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation for consistency.
- Streamline the food preparation process by maximizing the use of available kitchen equipment/resources
- To avoid break down in operations, create a checklist for the regular, weekly, or monthly servicing of kitchen equipment e.g. ovens, refrigerators, coffee machines, deep fryers, dishwashers, etc.
- Ensure the kitchen is cleaned and sanitized at least twice weekly
- Ensure the kitchen is sufficiently staffed and all job roles are clearly defined and adequately covered.
- Expose staff to other job roles for skill development and backup purposes.
- Manage staff scheduling, keep track of shifts, especially on special days/occasions and in-house events to ensure the workflow is undisturbed. Ensure all key functions are covered in every shift
- Train waiters on serving procedures and keep in mind the dishes being served while they interact with customers.
- Train staff to adhere to all safety, sanitation, food preparation, food storage, and beverage control policies
- Have a daily briefing with all staff at the start of each shift with a detailed checklist of what must be observed e.g. food hygiene, safety, and assignments
- Ensure staff are spotless in appearance within the kitchen, at meetings, and during events
- Monitor staff performance levels and report discrepancies to HR
- Ensure representatives from the kitchen attend all service lineups and meetings.
- Cook and directly supervise food preparations; ensure they are done following best practices.
- Make sure food items are stored in an orderly manner and under the proper conditions to avoid contamination and wastage.
- The kitchen area and dining space should be pest-free, hence, ensure regular pest control methods are undertaken.
- Ensure the high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Create a checklist around food safety and hygiene requirements and send a weekly achievement report to HR
- Prepare necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; project annual food, labor, and other costs; monitor actual financial results; take corrective action towards meeting financial goals.
- In conjunction with the F&B management team, maintain a high level of service principles following established standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- 10 years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Culinary expertise.
- Conversant with the health and safety requirements of a kitchen.
- A deep understanding of ingredients.
- Knowledge and experience in menu planning and portion control.
- Ability to multitask.
- Attention to details.
- Supervisory and organizational skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
Anybody asking you to pay money to schedule your interview or offer you job may be a scam
22 total views, 1 today