Part-Time NIGERIA – REGIONAL LOGISTIC MANAGER (H/F) – MAIDUGURI
ABOUT THE MISSION…
Desired start date: 01/09/2021
Duration of the mission: 6 Months
Location: Nigeria, Maiduguri
SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Current coordination is based in Maiduguri while a representation office is set up in Abuja.
In 2020, SI opened a base in Zamfara State to start Emergency Response in North West where the security and humanitarian situation has been deteriorating in the past few years.
Security and humanitarian situation in both North East and North West as well as epidemic outbreaks continue to affect millions of live in those areas.
SI is responding to the humanitarian needs of displaced populations and host communities through Wash, Shelter & NFI, FSL and Emergency activities. Through strategic partnership, SI also promotes integrated approach with health and protection sectors.
The annual budget of the mission is around 9 million euros in 2020 and the mission has potential for development in its current area of intervention as well as in the North Western part of Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
The mission is fully staffed within 18 and 20 international and 220 national personals with a wide range of profiles working on 5 operational bases: Maiduguri, Dikwa, Ngala and Monguno in Borno State, Gusau in Zamfara State.
Security context is challenging in both North East (Borno) and North West (Zamfara), Nigeria, justifying specific arrangements. Depending on evolution of the security situation, access to the deep field vary from limited to none.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Regional Logistics Manager will implement and supervise all logistics operations at his/her assigned bases.
He/she will organize logistic support for programs, in keeping with Solidarités International procedures.
He/she will assist the field coordinator in the implementation of safety rules.
- Carry out a purchasing environment analysis at the field level
- Updating of price lists and supplier files on regular bases
- Manage the Solidarites International purchasing procedures and those from donors funding the programs.
- Establish and update purchasing timelines, taking into consideration procurement tables, operation timelines and contextual and procedural logistical constraints
- Receive, approve and process requests for quotes and internal order forms
- Ensure that budgetary lines related to logistics are monitored, observed and update LFU (Log follow up) for each project.
- Supervise the preparation of purchasing documents and draft the contracts
- Participate in the drafting the call for tenders
- Supervise purchasing, ensuring that approval rules and procedures are observed
- Select suppliers and negotiate prices, deadlines and delivery methods
- Ensure that purchasing documents are complete and archived in keeping with Solidarites International procedures
- Ensure that dealings with suppliers are monitored
- Communicate and coordinate with coordination for purchase required at Coordination and for HQ validation.
Vehicle Fleet Management
- Provide input in negotiating vehicle rental contracts for field activities
- Supervise the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Establish vehicle movement schedules
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Permanently ensure that all drivers have received general training and carry out regular testing
- Ensure that drivers are aware of their obligation to adhere to Solidarites International safety rules and procedures
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Ensure that fuel consumption and vehicle mileage are monitored, consolidated, analysed and recorded
- Prevent the misappropriation of fuel and spare parts
- Ensure that all vehicles have accompanying administrative documents and that these are correctly filed and monitored
- Update fuel follow up, register fuel consumption of on real time and integrate the fleet report.
- Update statement of park (durable inventory) in real time
- Optimize distribution of materials according to task needs
- Update the responsibility follow up regularly.
- Organize the installation, safe-guarding and monitoring of materials
- Install communication means and ensure that they are regularly maintained
- Train teams in the use of these communication means
Management and Monitoring of IT Equipment
- Update antivirus software
- Implement backup and data-protection procedures
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
- Provide technical assistance to teams and organize training sessions
- Select storage locations and create a plan for the development and security of these sites
- Ensure material is stored under suitable conditions and monitor expiration dates
- Ensure procedures are followed as stock is checked in and out
- See that all documentation linked to stock is complete and correct
- Supervise monthly physical stock inventory
- Update stock follow up on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Human Resource Management
- Analyse and quantify logistics personnel needs
- Recruit, train and supervise the logistics team
- Conduct performance reviews for members of the logistics team
- Organize formal team meetings at regular intervals
- Implement team safety measures as determined by the coordination team
- Train teams in safety rules and procedures
- Pass on any security-related information to his/her line manager
- Ensure the compilation of price and supplier lists, as well as information in use (import-export, exemption, taxes)
- Ensure that internal order forms are monitored and that the status of each order is given to the person waiting
- Consolidate logistics packs monthly and pass on to the logistics coordinator
- Provide the logistics coordinator with all information needed to draft intermediary and final reports
- Pass on purchasing reports for closed programs to the coordinators at the established frequency
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Operationalize and follow-up the new Limited Access Programming set-up for the logistics department
- Ensure close follow-up of completion of on-going projects with a specific attention to logistics budget (LFU) and timely procurement of key programmatic items
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Field Coordinator
Functional Line manager : Logistic Coordinator
Direct Management: The logistic team of the project bases
Specific required skills
- Professional experience: 1 year of experience in similar position
- Experience in remote management would be an asset
- Previous experiences with SI will be an asset
- Reliable, honest,
- Very good organizational skills
- Resistance to stress,
- Good interpersonal skills (communication), team player,
- Capacity to delegate and to manage,
- Anticipative, organized, autonomous and creative.
- Attention to detail, high level of rigor and ability to meet deadlines;
- Languages: fluent in English
- Excellent analytical skills, writing and speaking
- Knowledge of general logistics management and of SI follow-up tools
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
SI WILL OFFER YOU
Salary: According to experience, starting from EUR 2420 gross per month (EUR 2200 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly)
Monthly Per Diem: USD 600
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of residence and the mission.
- 1 break of 7 working days every 3 months
- 1 day off per worked month.
These days off, as well as the breaks, are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary: they are offered by SI.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Please note that this is an expatriate position.
The Country Director is ideally based in Maiduguri, where all the coordination team and the Deputy Country Director for Programs are based.
In Maiduguri the base offers a comfortable environment, in spite of limited movements outside of the compound for security reasons. The Guest House offers good living conditions, with private bedroom and bathroom and shared and comfortable common spaces. Electricity and internet are available at the office and at the GH at all times. Volley-ball and badminton court, ping pong, and some gym equipment are available in the GH. All essential good (food, hygiene etc..) can be bought locally in the small shops around the office, or in the pre-validated supermarket. There is a good social life in Maiduguri, even though it has been slowed down by the Covid-19 context. Visits to other NGOs are possible, as well as some pre-validated places City Star restaurant, ICRC Lezzy Lizard bar.
Please note that SI strongly recommends its staff to get the vaccination against COVID 19, using WHO-approved vaccines. If possible, the vaccination should be done before departure, in order to reduce the future logistical constraints once on the field.
34 total views, 1 today